Propane with Nitrous

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CarAudiophile

Anyone do this?..

I heard it works wonder plus you can run a little bit larger shot and be at safer levels.. Basically what it is you tap the wet side for propane and then run the regular nitrous line.. Some people have said it worked some just looked at me funny.. Because I think Propane is like 110 Octane so it adds alot more fuel..

Whats your thoughts or experiences with this?...

I know that works.. What I am asking is using Propane as the Fuel Line and then using the regular Nitrous line.. So mixing Nitrous and Propane together..

i know nothing about either one but i know lost about phyre and that seems like it would make a nice boom. :worthy:
i know that my boy had a homemade mini bike and had an alcohol swirter and that made the pos mower move

^^^ that's what I understand...
just lets you run a little more boost. basically ups the octane rating.
it's not a fix it tool, just a little "helper".. it's all in the tuning though.

it allows the air and fuel to burn more efficiently/effectively. in and of itself, it is not a power adder.

Basically I want to run a Big shot on my next engine.. And I want a little help to be on the safer side and someone reccomened this setup since I already have a wet kit they said use propane as the fuel side.. I found companies that make Propane injection kits so this is something that may get done on the next engine.. I want a BIG shot.. :)

are you really thinking about putting this on a GASOLINE motor??

it works on diesls due to the combustion differences that diels fuel/motors use/do.

i wouldn't even consider putting it on a gasoline motor.

if you want more power, run methanol

You are going to need some serious cooling for that propane injection, as nitrous heats the engine up as it is, and propane really gets it hot in there. On a desil it is a different situation. Desils do really well with the more air they get, so something like nitrous which is a oxygenator does really well on a desil will minimal damage. Plus desils are built for much higher heat tollerances. I have only seen propane on a desil never a gasoline motor, and there is probably a good reason for it. Otherwise you would see more kits for it as nitrous is huge in the car aftermarket industry right now. Consult your engine builder/machine shop on this one. The guys at my local machine shop have told me countless nitrous horror stories, and have a wall of shame to back them up.

propane in it liquid form is just like gas combusts just like gas but has a higher ocatane rating 108 but produces less power than the same amount of gas. It will not harm the motor in any way but it will run much hotter

I'd reccomend just forgetting about nitrous man. It's just not all that great.

As for the question, it can be done, but don't think anyone reccomends forcing more heat into the engine. The general consensus is that it's not worth it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 12 2004, 11:32 PM
uhhh.. nitrous burns wicked cold dude... i think you got something mixed up
[post=416233]Quoted post[/post]​

propane man. Propane burns hot.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 12 2004, 11:32 PM
uhhh.. nitrous burns wicked cold dude... i think you got something mixed up
[post=416233]Quoted post[/post]​

Nitrous doesn't burn, it is an oxidizer. It breaks down into O2 and N atoms in the combustion chamber. The reason the combustion event is hotter is because of the extra fuel you add to burn and use the 02 that is now in the combustion chamber......it does tend to have a slight cooling effect since it is a decompressiong gas, however this is negligible with all the extra 02 and fuel.

Anyways, I have never thought of using LPG in conjunction with gasoline....I know you could use straight propane, but I am not sure what would happen with propane and gasoline. Why not do some experiments and let us know what happens.....*plugs ears* :p

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Nov 12 2004, 10:06 PM
I'd reccomend just forgetting about nitrous man. It's just not all that great.
[post=416200]Quoted post[/post]​

Lets see.. I have it right now.. Went from a 15.0 to a 13.6 for 500 bucks.. Worth it?..

I love the bottle.. Yeah the power isn't there all the time.. Buts its not tough to reach back and open it up.. And I get it filled usually once a week to make sure it's always there.. I didn't ask what ya thought about Nitrous, I asked about using Propane with it..

And great let my little 1.6 be an experiment.. I may experiment with it on the 1.6 since I am going to yank it anyways but I will make sure to have the Camera around for that one.. :)

Back