Proper Injectors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

butterz

Hey HondaSwap!

So for anyone that read my last thread, you know that I've put an OBD2b H22A4 in my '00 EK. I've run into a small dilemma and I'm looking for a little advice.

When I did my swap, I decided to go OBD1 because the Prelude I took my engine from was a 2001 and had a Key Immobilizer which means I couldn't use the ecu. I also want to eventually socket and chip my ECU, so OBD1 was my only option.

I have an OBD1, JDM P13 ecu from a 92 - 95 Prelude - which from factory has 345cc, Peak and hold injectors (which require a resistor box). My USDM H22A4 from factory has 290cc injectors that are Saturated (No resistor box).

From my experience in air/fuel maps with my Boosted D series, the P13 would be mapped for the 345cc injectors - which means if the ecu is running the 290cc injectors at 60% duty cycle, the engine would be lean because again, it's mapped for 345cc injectors.

So to summarize:

Question: My car feels sluggish at low RPM, and doesnt seem to pull as hard as it should. Could it be because my ECU/Injector combination is wrong?

Sorry for the long post, but I'm the technical type. Any help is appreciated!

I'm not familiar with non-D/B series injectors, but that wouldn't make sense since it's low RPM. The amount of fuel has very little do with RPM, more so with load, but even so... if you were running lean, you would feel it most when the car was making the most power. Somewhere around 5000 RPM and full throttle. Rich and lean are not blanket conditions... even with small injectors, the car can run a stoich mixture across most of the fuel map. It's only when they begin to max out that you will run lean. Only a wideband O2 and gauge could tell you for sure. I would check the basics. Check cam timing, ignition timing, make sure everything is wired properly. No CELs, you have the right spark plugs.. A base dyno run will tell you if your tune is bad.

I put the 345cc injectors in it and it woke up significantly. Thanks for the help!
Because it was lean. Did you also add the required resistors with the Peak and Hold 345cc injectors?

Where do you come up with a 60% duty cycle in your first post?

suspendedHatch - while I posted something contradicting to your statements, no disrespect meant sir. :)

Last edited:
Back