proper tire pressures

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ticklemedaly

im running my 94 civic with motegi mr7 17's, and im trying to figure out the correct amount of pressure that i would need in it, with the manufacturer pressure, my car gets a vibration in the wheel at 70 mph, but at 32 all around, i get the vibration at 60, now obviously, i need to lower the pressure, what do you people think the pressure should be at with this setup, from your expreinces?

tire pressure shouldn't effect vibrations.

you need either an alignment or to have the wheels re-balanced.

the problem is that i have the tires balanced several times, it has been aligned twice this past week, and i also replaced both outer tie rods (the right one had play in it a few days ago). but the way the roads are up here, improper tire pressure can effect a whole lot of things with the way your car rides. ill play with the pressure settings and see if i can get an adiquite amount that will ride correctly. ill update my post if this will correct my problem or worsen it for others to know.

i have found that the problem was that one of the tires has the tread splitting, causing the vibration. i had to order new tires, Nitto Neo Gen 215/40/17, a pair for $244 with a road hazard package incase this happend again. I figured out that the problem occured when i had a flat tire last fall and didn't realize that is what caused the tread splitting. Got a damn good deal on the tires through work. I plan on getting a tire pressure monitoring system through dakota digital, that also monitors the temperature. for only $400, a little steep compaired to the other systems available, but not bad compaired to factory systems. If anyone knows anything about this system, please let me know how good it is. Also, with the pressures, I found that running them just a pound under the man spec is the best. 29 front and 28 rear.

Back