Properly bled clutch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kjb00415

I just bled my clutch fluid because the resevoir was completely dry. Well i bleed it a couple times until the pressure came back in the clutch petal. when it finally came back i took it out for a spin, and it worked... for about a mile, and then it stuck to the floor. I kicked up the clutch petal, and started pumping it, and it worked again. the problem is i have to keep repeating this process every time i shift gears.

I have a 1994 honda accord LX. i thought i bled it properly, but can someone tell me if my problem is from incorrectly bleeding, or if it is a different problem?

if you bled it because it was dry, you probably have a leak. thankfully I think those are external slaves. follow the lines down and see if you can find any external leaking. Where fluid leaks out, air leaks in. Pumping the pedal usualy aggitates the bubbles until they float up and out of the slave, so its only a matter of time till bubbles are back inside again from continuous leaking. It can leak inside the boot where you cannot externally see it, or it could be leaking through your bleeder screw if you didnt tighten it all the way.

Back