property tax rant

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's all BS. They do the same thing in Allegheny county (the county Pittsburgh is in and thank god I don't live). They have been "raising" the property values for years to suck more taxes out of the people that live there. They reappraise every few years and your lucky to get off with less than a 20% increase in your homes value... even with people moving out of there and coming to counties like the one I live in and the obvious housing collapse. I haven't heard of it happening as of late but the property value problem has been here for years. Good luck man.

I wasn't serious about the conspiracy thing. I have experienced this phenomenon. It happened to me when I had Nextel. My bill had been like $150 three months in a row until I figured it out. Then they talked me into a "better plan" securing my business for at least another two years...
And then when I tell them to change it back they always reset me to a default plan without my unlimited texts. Next month, bill is even bigger because of all the texting. Then they just play dumb. At the moment I'm being charged $5 extra every month for something I don't have/use. I really don't feel like going into the store to hassle them over $5.

talked to assessor and they said it was because of them.. ..

here is the letter i got.. maybe someone can explain this to me

Attachments

• PC083311.JPG
    PC083311.JPG
    256.1 KB · Views: 82
  • PC083312.JPG
    PC083312.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 79
another thing i'm not understanding.. why my taxes went up over double?? assessor said they had nothing to do with it.. well, sure the hell seems like it ( 2nd page, bottom)

the company that is doing your mortgage has probobly set you on a validated bill
meaning that you are required to pay so much a year on your house wether or not your regular billing pays that amount or not.... in having not recieved the amount that your are still required to pay (which looks like 1960.70$) they have decided to increase your billing to maintain the ballance that you owe them. therefore and additional 163.40$ will be collected every month for the next year. to pay the ballance that is....

Last edited:
well, the woman came home.. she's been the one talking with the people..

something about an impound account or some shit

oh yea.. and apparently we're not the only ones.. several people have been going into the mortgage company office with the same problems..

you might need to go to the town on this one.

did they change the mill rate recently?

chances are the town provided a new bill to the mortgage company... and so the mortgage company is thus re-balancing it out monthly for you.

4000 is still pretty cheap... mine are 5800 :(
your insurnace is kinda high though... i only pay about 480/yr.

im sure it varies by area though.

you might need to go to the town on this one.

did they change the mill rate recently?

not sure, .. tax bill said "General tax rate" 1.1

chances are the town provided a new bill to the mortgage company... and so the mortgage company is thus re-balancing it out monthly for you.

4000 is still pretty cheap... mine are 5800 :(

my house was only $150k .. what was yours?

your insurnace is kinda high though... i only pay about 480/yr.

yea.. it seems high.. not sure why though

im sure it varies by area though.

???

Mortgage company said we received checks that would cover this... BULLSHIT!!!... they gave us amounts that dont add up... i seriously think they're putting it my pooper...

I would gather all information (duh) from escrow co., mortgage co, and local tax collector. see where things don't add up and threaten with legal action. Seems like some one screwed you here. A phone call to your state representative might help. The govt is not looking kindly on this sort of shit right now.

Back