Pro's and con's of B-series swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think that I am going to also have to rewire the O2 sensor in the VX and CX models, because an integra B18B ecu uses a 4 wire sensor. I think that the VX has a 5 wire O2 and the CX has a 1 wire O2.

It would be nice to just use the existing ecu that comes in the civic, and not worry about using the B18b ecu. Because all 92-95 civics come with MPFI, and that is all I would need in order for the B18b to run. (In other words, I am considering keeping the D-series ecu and related wiring in the car, and just let the D-series ecu and wiring control the B-series engine.)

Ok, don't use the D series ECU, if you really wanted I suppose you could just chip it and burn a P75 like program on it, but P75's and Pr4s are cheap, it isn't worth the time.

And the D series ECU will run the car without chipping, just not as good as it should.

But is the O2 sensor wires the only thing that would have to be rewired or altered in order to use the integra ecu?

So then it's simple, just rewire the O2 sensor to a 4 wire type? So the integra ecu pinout will be the same except for the little changes that are required when converting to a 4 wire O2 sensor? There is an article in the swap articles section of this site that somewhat shows how to convert to the 4 wire O2 sensor.

You know, i'm having a heck of a hard time finding an EG chassis.

I also wanted to say thanks to everyone that has helped me on this thread. Everything now seems soo much clearer about this swap.

As for the ECU you will be better off getting a PR4 from a 92-93 Integra or a P75 from a 94-95 Integra. Hell I have one listed on E-Bay that will end tonight if your interested. As for the O2 sensor, yes you will need to rewire it if you get VX or CX Civic. My first Civic was a 92 VX and I had a friend do my 02 rewire. We just made the wires longs as hell, ran them through the firewall and found the correct wires on the ECU to splice into.

Back