Protecting My Investment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Like Bsaid there is always a better more prepared theif,and they do use tow trucks.If your going to leave you car somewhere for a couple days disconnect your starter.Barring theif of goods inside,and the tow truck,most aren't going to pop the hood and diagnose the problem.

why do you need to start the car to tow it? Like repo guys, (if its FWD) just but these boot things around the front tires and take it away. So, I figure, if my ebrake is on, they can't tow it right?
I like the C4 idea. I think I'll get started on that today, sumthin cool like wire it to the door jamb. Hmm. And an alarm is definately on the list. My buddy has one of those pager alarms tight shyt. But what about wheels?

When it comes to wheels...I'm not gonna get any rims other than stock. those are just a easy way to spot a person with money out of a parking lot. My idea is get some VX or HX rims or just stick with the steels with stock hubcaps to leave my car "camoed" in the parking lot. Trust me it's looking stock slowly but what a beast if you mess with it...LOL. Also get the best alarm you can afford. What's more expensive, a 700 dollars alarm or your whole or parts of your car???

just some fyi

a car is not an investment!

and no matter what, they'll get it, all the money you put into security will only delay the theft a few more seconds than a car without the security upgrades.

Oh I am seriously in agreement with ya on cars being a money hog.

I think that if you display your wealth on your car someone else will want it. If it looks like every other civic that is on the block than there is no incentive to steal your particular car. If you like all the rice stuff on your car and put your stuff in plain sight, get ready to get broken into or stolen. I think that the best way to prevent a theft is to think like a criminal. If your car looks nice all the time and has visible upgrades...you might want to consider a different daily driver...

Rice or no rice,blingin' 20's or spray painted hubbies,Hondas didn't make it to the top of the stolen list because of rice.

Originally posted by xionger1@Feb 11 2003, 08:04 PM
you know, no matter what you do, if they want it, they will get it. but i've got a compustar alarm (2wss) and the best part is it has a range of over a mile. and the remote is the awesome, can vibrate and ring and can even be used as a turbo timer as well. and it's not like you have to carry an extra pager or anything. but i've got that and the brake thing also. that works great b/c it's one of the most stable things on a car and w/o the brakes, it's kinda hard to drive.

i have the same system.... i was working one day and i was doing my normal work thing ( here looking at hondaswap.com) and then my warning tone on my car remote went off.. i dind't think much of it untill it went off again so i ran out side as i got closer to my car i see a kid that was walking away as i get even closer i reconized him and then i yelled out his name and then he looked at me and said how did you hear that.... he thought i was just walking out of the store and heard that... i explain that i have compustar and if you touch my car i pretty much know about ... the kid that fucked with my car broke in to my last car but he didn't know that i knew he did. i m just waitin for that one day when i get him back.

Back