PS3 featuring no hard drive?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

easyheimer

WTF is this shit? I understand that the unit will play Blue Ray discs, which is an awesome feature in it's own, BUT the PS3 will most likely not feature a hard drive. I think this is a big mistake by Sony. This is one of very few things that 360 will have over PS3.

PS3, No Hard Drive?!
source: designtechnica.com

According to the latest issue of Famitsu (a Japanese magazine), Sony is undetermined to whether or not the PS3 will ship with a hard drive. Masayuki Chatani - Sony’s Chief Technology Office, believes that many users will want to add their own hard drive to the console, thus allowing the customer to define their own storage capacity. Sony has never officially stated that the PS3 will indeed be shipped with a hard drive.

At E3 this year, Sony attendees witnessed the possibility of a 2.5 inch detachable hard drive being added to the underside of the PS3.

Guess we’ll wait and see as more information concerning the PS3 is released.

Check back.

Tighter controls... Companies lose sales on games because of how easy games are to copy to the XBox's hard drive, and the same started happening with the PS2 when some of the add-on hard drive hacking utilities started coming out in the beginning of 2004. That's why you can't add a hard drive to the slim PS2, and the same probably holds true for the PS3 as well.

The general game console buying public doesn't really care about the hard drive feature- only the super techies, and they don't make up a humongous chunk of the console buying population. Your average consumer will be just as happy as before buying games and memory cards.

the biggest selling point of the harddrives is probably the ability to have your own albums/songs during gameplay, and shitload of saved games without having to clear a memory card :)

funny thing is, ive got about 20 games, and still only 1 memory card that isnt full :shrug2:

honestly, i think the hdd in the ps2/3 would be useless.

well how much extra does it cost to get a hdd stock on an xbox?

xbox still does nothing for me

Metal Gear and GanTurismo are my reasons for the ps2, and ps3...and so I can play marvel vs. capcom 2 again :)

I installed the ps2 Hd and it serves no purpose to me. I can't save games to it becuase of the mem cards I have so its pointless..I have no clue how to work the thing lol. Thats cool though we can have our own songs play while a game is playing?

This post belongs in our Computers, Games, Electronics etc Forum. Please look for your post there.

:moved:

Thanks,

The Moderating Team

I've got about 15 games on my Xbox HD and plenty of room for more, don't have to mess with DVDs now, very useful.

Back