PS3 release in 8 days, lines already forming

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DarkHand

VIP
PS3 lines already forming in America - videogamesblogger.com:

"Nine days until Sony’s PlayStation 3 launches in America, and lines are already forming. A CAG forumer went to Best Buy this morning and saw about 7 people waiting outside. He went inside and one of the workers told him that they had been there since Monday. He immediately pondered: “Do these people have no lives?”"

I'll assume they have no lives at all. I have not owned a game system since my parents bought a Nintendo for my brothers and I, which was in 1987. Games were fun when we had arcades.

I think i'm going to wait at least a year until the price is somewhat affordable. That shit is just ridiculous.

"Butters, We're going to freeze me until 3 weeks from now. Then I want you to come and get me."

600 bucks on a console that i will use until it breaks is good enough for me.

i paid $300 for an original PS2 weeks after it came out, and it lasted me 5 years.

I paid $300 for a PS2 on launch day that lasted 3 years till the disc read errors became too persistent to play games. My brother and I played the shit out of that thing. The console itself is broken but we still use the controller from it.

Back in '01 some people I knew pulled overnighters. Personally, I just got in line at 3am because the adults figured that showing up at 6 would be enough. It wasn't.

I'll probably ask around to see if any local retailers plan on having any on launch day. Last time there were 500k nationwide. This time there's supposed to be even less.

ha i have mine and i get it with 10% off hahahahahahahahaha i love working at wal-mart and having one of the girls in electronics obsessed with me

Working at walmart wouldn't be something to brag about imho :)

I worked there for 8 days, then i got fired. Something about clocking in too early from breaks seems to piss them off. oh wait, because they need to adhere to child labor law hours and shit. Tried to tell me that for every minute i work over X hours, i cost that particular wal-mart like 1-10k or something.

Believe me, it was not my proudest week.

Fuck*Mart

screw those people. I actually can't stand any job that dictates when I come in, when I leave, or take a break.

And I hope to never have to punch in again.

-Dveit....awsome sig.:cool:

Anyways, I'm gonna wait a bit until the price goes down. $600 for a gaming system is kinda ridiculous right now. I might grab an Xbox 360 and Forza 2 until Gran Turismo HD/GT5 comes out. 2 of my friends have preorders anyway, so I can just mooch.

i don't know how many times i have left my ps2 on overnight when i fell asleep watching movies, mine has lasted forever. everybody knows to wait until the second shipment so they can get the bugs worked out.

I don't think $600 for a gaming system that has a Blu-Ray Player is too bad considering Blu-Ray players themselves will start at about $1k...but then again I don't have $600 to drop like that so i'm gonna wait also lol

Back