PSA: Think before you post

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
Just a friendly reminder that we are a public website. Think before you post.

Will it get you in trouble? Is it illegal? Would you want your mom to see it? how about a cop or agent? How about your car insurance agent?

This is just a friendly wake up call to a few who have posted some not-so-PC materials in the past.

I fully support our 1st (and all) amendments, but you must be wise about what you do everywhere in life, especially online.

These screens are from analytics over the past month. It is certainly not inclusive nor necessarily means anything. It could just be employees slacking and visiting the boards from work. Just be aware that the eyes that (may)be are here.

Attachments

• smart1.png
    smart1.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 161
  • smart2.png
    smart2.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 158
  • smart3.png
    smart3.png
    16 KB · Views: 156
  • smart4.png
    smart4.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 138
  • smart5.png
    smart5.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 158
Thanks for posting this. Gentle reminder to stay off this for me at work.

Work can't see this. this is just a list of isp's coming in to here. they can certainly see where you go and what urls you visit, but again, be smart and stay out of nws and so long as your place of work is not super strict about the internet during lunch/etc, it shouldn't be an issue.

a handful. I picked those 5 out of the top 100 hosts. there's 10,000 more pages to sift through that I don't have time for. lol

how am I going to track your stats anymore then?

I'm trying to think about what kind of activity is occurring within the measured duration.

Can they simply download a catalog of posts and then analyse them afterwards ?

DOD could be doug lol. but i dont know who his exact ISP is.
im sure you get hits from NASAs ISP all day (me)
Honda is probably 99sidude. (unless i have him mixed up with someone else)

im fairly careful about what i look at, ill browse NWS, but avoid the obvious no-no threads (use my phone for those). they have blocked most everything anyway, including imgur and any embedded images from there. yet they UNBLOCKED YouTube and Amazon... makes sense... lol

Last edited:
DOD could be doug lol. but i dont know who his exact ISP is.
im sure you get hits from NASAs ISP all day (me)
Honda is probably 99sidude. (unless i have him mixed up with someone else)

im fairly careful about what i look at, ill browse NWS, but avoid the obvious no-no threads (use my phone for those). they have blocked most everything anyway, including imgur and any embedded images from there. yet they UNBLOCKED YouTube and Amazon... makes sense... lol

Yeah they unblocked Youtube at my work and blocked Pandora? WTF.

same exact thing.

previously:
Pandora - not blocked
Gun sites - not blocked
YouTube - blocked
Amazon - blocked

now:
Pandora - blocked
Gun sites - blocked
Youtube - unblocked
Amazon - unblocked

makes no sense.