PSP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Harms Way

I searched for a thread on the PSP and couldnt find one. I have been contemplating buying one for a little bit now. I read that you will be able to use the PSP wirelessly as your own controller/screen for the PS3. They have alot of games/movies available at my local wal-mart. Anyone have one? Like it? :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
I searched for a thread on the PSP and couldnt find one. I have been contemplating buying one for a little bit now. I read that you will be able to use the PSP wirelessly as your own controller/screen for the PS3. They have alot of games/movies available at my local wal-mart. Anyone have one? Like it? :ph34r:
:werd: not to thread-jack, but I wonder the same

I enjoy it. It has some pretty good games. There is ALOT of stuff you can download on them as well. You can actually download a program to play super nintendo games on it. Music, games, movies its a pretty nice little unit. I don't have movies just becuase I don't go on trips to need to watch them, but I do have NFS most wanted and its a pretty good game. I did have DUB Edition, that was good, and I got Socom FireTeam Bravo and that was also good. They are going to be producing more games I hope but for now its pretty nice. I think its worth it. Just make sure you get the extended warrenty. They are small and they are fragile lol.

I don't have one.. but i probably won't get one either..

$250 is too much on a handheld for me.. especailly when i wouldn't use it unless i was flying somewhere.

and you can also mod your xbox to play any dvd/cd-rom based console games.

but back on topic, i find that the screen is way too small, visibility owns you. But dont you need to buy PSP specific games and movies?

I like mine, sometimes I cant put it down, its nice to have if your waiting for a long period of time, and having the ability to have mp3 or watch a movie is a plus

:thumbsup: for the psp

it's neat and all... but yeah, i'd probably never use it. if im in a place like an air port (rare) i'd probably have my laptop for moveis/music anyway...

im not much of a gamer though either...

yeah there are emulations for it. sony has made several patches, but as always, people have found ways to it. they just make a program to trick it to thinking its an earlier firmware that had holes in it.

anyway, i don't if its worth it. 250 is steep for a to go game. and i dont kno if the bugs have been worked out. like getting the screen messed up easily or dust getting trapped under it.

my brother in law bought it and returned it. the games are pretty lacklustered and why pay 20+ for a movie that you can only watch on a little screen?? probably a program out that you can rip the movie and compress it onto a mem. stick and get a program installed in the psp to watch it.

I bought one used and put a gig memory stick in it. I use it 75% of the time for ripping tv shows I download and catching up on various series when I'm on the go. It's small enough to be taken along everywhere and a gig stick can hold 6 hour long tv shows.
Definately worth it to me. Plus Burnout Legends is awesome.

Back