1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public Enemies

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by get_nick, Mar 13, 2009.

1. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

2. chestercheeto48

chestercheeto48 Senior Member VIP

I am going to see soley for the fact it was shot in my local area and I think it would be fun to see the local towns taken back the the early 1900's.

3. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

when was the last time you saw a tommy gun in a movie? that alone is enough to see the movie.

4. chestercheeto48

chestercheeto48 Senior Member VIP

What ever that gangster movie (the road to perdition?) was with Tom Hanks. All I am saying is that I am holding no expectations either way. I hope it is good.

5. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

finally got aorund to watching this last night.

i was kinda disappointed in it.
    c+/B- territory IMO.

had potential to be so much more. the characters had no depth, and christain bales role was garbage.

6. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

I think it was the fact that he totally sucked at doing that accent.

7. eg'sforlife

eg'sforlife New Member

I know I didnt like it because its was so historically inaccurate; it was killing me during the movie

8. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

9. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

yeah, it wasn't that good. coulda scratch that. shoulda been a good movie.

10. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

My thoughts exactly. They just did not make a compelling case to really get into the story.

11. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

:werd:

I felt like the film was bland. None of the characters were developed enough for me to care much about. Bale is usually pretty good, so I think it was a case of "Terminator-Salvation-itis (i.e. he didn't have much to work with).

On a side note though, what was so historically inaccurate about it? Wasn't it based on a non-fiction book?

12. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

This is what depp does, and he does a damn good job at it! I'd hate to see him neutered into "normal" acting..

13. DESPAIN

DESPAIN yep....mmhhm.......yep...

anyone ever seen the old movie dillenger? my granny had it on those redord movie things....... not laser disks but the other ones? really oold ones......anyone know what i am talking about? its was pretty good.....

14. eg'sforlife

eg'sforlife New Member

Factual errors:
    In the film, Baby Face Nelson was killed in a shootout with agents in Wisconsin after the robbery of the Security National Bank at Sioux Falls, South Dakota. In fact, he was killed due to injury's suffered in a shootout with FBI agents in "The Battle Of Barrington" in a northwest suburb of Chicago on November 27, 1934.

Factual errors:
    In the opening sequence, Walter Dietrich is shown being killed in the Michigan City breakout on September 26, 1933. Dietrich was actually captured on January 6, 1934, and returned to the Indiana State Prison at Michigan City. Massive bloodshed is shown in the Michigan City sequence, when in fact only one man, a clerk, was wounded. Further, Dillinger was killed before Dietrich's death.

Factual errors: In the scene where John Dillinger is in the police station with officers listening to a baseball game on the radio, the game is the Chicago Cubs vs. NY Yankees. Since those teams only played in the World Series in late Sep to early Oct 1932 and Dillinger was in prison from 1924 until being paroled in May 1933, there is no way it could be the Cubs vs. Yankees on the radio. There was no interleague play back then except for the World Series and they never broadcast spring training games on the radio way back then.

Factual errors: Pretty Boy Floyd, killed in the beginning of the movie by Purvis, was actually killed on October 22, 1934, exactly 3 months after Dillinger died.

Factual errors: In the scene where Dillinger escapes from the Indiana prison the soldiers that are guarding the prison are wearing the shoulder insignia (Gold Cross on Black Background) of the 33d Infantry Division, Illinois Army National Guard.

If you want more I will list them. When I was in high school I did a report on John Dillinger, thats how I new about most of the error's.

15. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

Eh, it's a movie, not a documentary.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted