Pulled the motor out of my friends turbo LS *pics*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedwright

Some friends got together to help another friend pull his motor. He lost a cylinder under 14 psi(stock internals LOL). He's not quite sure exactly what he is going to do with it yet, but it will def be an all out build up. Sorry the pics suck, I wasn't the one taking them, or I would have gotten some before shots, and better pictures overall.

s3f4559e5900c3.jpg

s3f455a16e7f0b.jpg

s3f455aec186b8.jpg

s3f455a7124a02.jpg

s3f455a98900c2.jpg

s3f455b0f81664.jpg

s3f455a4409c53.jpg

s3f455ac168fc0.jpg

s3f455b3fd468a.jpg

Oh yah, and we did this on extra soft ground(car fell once), and rolling that engine hoist across the lawn wasnt all that much fun. It was also dark by the time we were ready to lift the engine out of the car, and there were mosquitoes like all hell. Let me know what you guys think......

not trying to be a dick but who had the bright idea of pulling it out with the axles still on there.

Couldnt get them off. Jason put a post up on teamintegra, they told him to try 3 or 4 things, no luck on any of them, so we decided to give it a shot and see if they cleared. And they did, with more than enough room.

hell, i've replaced many axles and have pulled my B16 out twice and i yanked my stock D16 out before also. i've managed to take the axles off fine every time. i don't know why he couldn't. anyhow...i wont bust your chops anymore over it.

and, the pics don't look that bad.

i just looked at the 4th pic again and noticed at all the cokes you guys had. all i can say is DAMN....

lol there was a 12 pack of pepsi before that, and quite a bit of beer, too :)

*edit*--I've never had a problem with axles either, especially on such a new low mileage car, but hey I guess there is a first time for everything, right?

What the fuck? You can't pull fucking axles out of the tranny? Ted, I think you could figure it out. Jason, on the other hand, is a complete fucking meat head. Who's bright fucking idea was it to STAND ON A CAR RESTING ON FUCKING JACK STANDS? Jesus H fucking christ, remind me not to ever work around you retards.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Aug 21 2003, 09:08 PM
Who's bright fucking idea was it to STAND ON A CAR RESTING ON FUCKING JACK STANDS?

holy shit i didnt notice that..if you guys really did then damn :beat:

No seriously ji, ive taken axles out before, many times, and never had a problem with it. For some reason, they just would not come out. The car was on 2 pairs of jackstands, with boards under the rockers. the car was def not going anywhere. He had to stand up there to twist the engine as it was hoisted out. That's not me on top of the car, and I'm not under it. LOL and by this point, I did not care how the damn thing came out, I wanted to go home......

Originally posted by tedwright@Aug 21 2003, 10:42 PM
LOL and by this point, I did not care how the damn thing came out, I wanted to go home......

:werd:

Never takes the time intended too, usually multiply it by 3 or 4. :p

Dude, you don't even know. I knew he planned on doing it sometime in the near future. Well he tells me to stop over around 5ish. I get over there and he's like damn you are working in that? I had no idea we were gonna be doing this shit, haha. I changed into some clothes I found in my car, and by the time our other 2 friends got there, it was around 6 that shit started to come apart. We have all done swaps before. The kid standing on top of the car has posted on here a few times, rexhead or something. We put a b16 in his rex. So everyone there has done this before except for Jason, I think. It's not like we didn't know what we were doing.

hah yea dude, I think the big secret to removing axles is to pull on them. LOL

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Aug 21 2003, 10:38 PM
hah yea dude, I think the big secret to removing axles is to pull on them. LOL

:rant: :rant: i had to get badass on one of mine

say some shit like" your guna looooose biatch" or " who does # 2 work for"

Does he know what happened to his cylinder yet? I bet he ran lean once and burned a hole in it.

Can that engine handle 14 psi on the stock internals? Did Acura put forged internals in the teg?

did you guys try wedging a big flat head screw driver in between the axle and tranny? or a crow bar? just asking.

I feel sorry for your workin conditions outside??? You should have got a storage shed for a month! But you do what you got to! Good Job anyhow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back