Pulled the motor out of my friends turbo LS *pics*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garages RULE.

And a Prybar kicks axle lovin' ass. ;)

$9 at Home Depot. Go buy one. Seriously. Just don't let it slip and make you get stitches in your lip like my buddy did. ;)

132615_3.jpg

Clicky Clicky

[edit] For a fucking non working Link....[/edit]

ya man i got the axels out an 89 tegra thad had been sitting for 5 years no problem at all were you a little to drunk and pushing instead of pulling

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Aug 22 2003, 12:07 AM
did you guys try wedging a big flat head screw driver in between the axle and tranny? or a crow bar? just asking.

Yes, and yes, lol.

Originally posted by Accordturbo94@Aug 22 2003, 12:32 AM
I feel sorry for your workin conditions outside??? You should have got a storage shed for a month! But you do what you got to! Good Job anyhow

It is not going to be back together until spring. Our friend Craig was suppossed to let us use one of the bays at his dad's garage, but he pussied out last minute or something, I guess.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Aug 22 2003, 02:01 AM
ya man i got the axels out an 89 tegra thad had been sitting for 5 years no problem at all were you a little to drunk and pushing instead of pulling

Yah that must have been it...... :roll:

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Aug 21 2003, 11:33 PM
Does he know what happened to his cylinder yet? I bet he ran lean once and burned a hole in it.

Can that engine handle 14 psi on the stock internals? Did Acura put forged internals in the teg?

It was actually just the rings in that one cylinder. On the compression tester the 3 other cylinders were good, that one shows around 30.

His fuel system was all upgraded, and was adequate, but I'm pretty sure he caught the rev limiter a few times under full boost. <_<

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Aug 22 2003, 01:51 AM
Garages RULE.

And a Prybar kicks axle lovin' ass. ;)

$9 at Home Depot. Go buy one. Seriously. Just don't let it slip and make you get stitches in your lip like my buddy did. ;)

That's why you use a $10 pipe wrench. Just wrap the sucker loosely around the axle between the transmission housing and the inner cup (it's just wide enough to fill the gap), then get out from under the car and kick the handle. No slipping, no stitches. Easy.

:lol:

Originally posted by xyswany@Aug 22 2003, 06:15 PM
think the splines twisted?

No way. First, the CV joint would explode before the splines twist. Second, if the splines do twist, they'll only twist outside of where they mate to the diff, allowing you to still remove the axle. Third, the car was slow as fuck so it couldn't have made enough power to twist 'em. The retard that owned it couldn't tune it to save his life. It wasn't any faster than my stock AllTrac.

yea thats my car, so i guess im the big idiot. whoop de doo. the fuckin car wasn't going anywhere, and we didn't care as long as we could stop working on the damned thing. yea we were supposed to be able to use our friends huge construction garage with like 10k feet of space but he pussied out at the last minute, so we said fuck it lets get this ball rolling. i burned the pison rings up in cylinder three, i know i was going to blow it, i just didn't care, it gave me an excuse to tear apart the engine a little bit sooner, whoop de do, all good things come in time. and ji, i dont think i could ever have you work next to us, i could never afford your labor rates. peace. :worthy:

Originally posted by Code Blue@Aug 28 2003, 10:16 PM
ji, i dont think i could ever have you work next to us, i could never afford your labor rates.

If you think $45/ hr for wrench turning and $60/ hr for fabrication is expensive, go to a real shop and tell me my rates are high.

i wasn't arguing you i just dont believe in your methods. if i pay a shop 45 bucks an hour for wrench turning (which the rate around here is 40 an hour, and YES i know all the shops here suck) i want that shop to be liable for any damages they do. im not arguing i just dont agree with it. thats just my personal opinion tho.

Originally posted by Code Blue@Aug 28 2003, 10:24 PM
i wasn't arguing you i just dont believe in your methods.

Well, it's obvious you don't agree with my methods. My methods are by the book and the right way the first time. As for liability, who said I wouldn't be? Unlike some people, I take responsibility for my actions.

Bringing dead threads back for the sake of adding zero value comments is a bad thing. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Thread locked to prevent further post whoring.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back