1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pulley help

Discussion in 'Integra' started by RickParker, Apr 20, 2010.

1. RickParker

RickParker New Member

I need to knowhow to remove the crankshaft damper on a b18b. I know they make a special tool for it but dont want to purchase the tool. Any suggestions or ideas as to how to remove this?

2. ricksautomotive

ricksautomotive honda dealer tech

rent the tool. borrow a tool from a friend. or buy the tool. or you can get a gym membership and pull it off with your fingers and some force. but the tool will be easier

1 person likes this.
  3. RickParker

RickParker New Member

i want to fabricate one will a pipe fitting and a foot long pipe but cant seem to find a fiiting "just" the right size

4. ricksautomotive

autozone loans them for a deposit. fully refunded when you bring it back. this means its free to borrow it. its much easier

5. RickParker

RickParker New Member

I just tried to call them and noone in my area loans them out. I did find an autozone that has one but its an hour away:(.. thanks for the input tho!! another ?.. the pin holes on the camshafts and cam caps.. when they are lined up, witha pin installed is that TDC for cyl 1?

6. ricksautomotive

i honestly dont know. i use the timing marks inside the timing cover on the block/oil pump housing ant the cam pullies and the top edge of the head

7. RickParker

RickParker New Member

thats what most ppl said..the helms manual says that when u place the cams in to slide the pins into the cams.. these cams have adjustable cam gears so i dont know if the person that had the head on his car had the timing set dead.. guess ill just use the light.. btw autozone dont carry that tool around here.. they only have crankshaft damper pullers.. not what i need:(

8. ricksautomotive

i would put the oem pullies back on

9. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

The pins in the cams? Do you mean the Key in each cam and crank shaft that goes in before the bolt? If so...they are really cheap from Honda. So are the bolts. Your adj cam gears will have a slot for them too. This lets you know where TDC is "up" on the camshaft/gear.

You say you need the crankshaft damper removed in the above quote but say you do NOT need it in the quote below.........???

10. RickParker

RickParker New Member

11. RickParker

RickParker New Member

12. 8secHonda

8secHonda New Member

yea u put a pin or i used a screwdriver to hold my cams.. it is tdc

1 person likes this.
  13. ricksautomotive

1 person likes this.
  14. |Chaz|

|Chaz| Well-Known Member VIP

Find a tool place that rents out 3/4" ELECTRIC impact wrenches. Took mine off first try.

15. RickParker

RickParker New Member

Thanks.. thought so!!

16. RickParker

RickParker New Member

17. ricksautomotive

kragen is a auto parts store associated with the O-rilley, and Checkers names too. our kragen just changed to o rilley but honestly i think the place sucks. i like autozone myself cause of their lifetime warranties. and i dont know why so many people on here complain about them but i just dont have trouble with their parts. and i use them on my customes cars too and we still dont have problems. yes on lowered cars thre are axle problems but i tell customers that. basically you gota pay for better stuff if you want to roll around in a way that wasnt intended from the manufacturer but thats the world of custom cars. but anyways, kragen is a west coast name probably from the same investors under the same parent corporation name. west caosters like different stuff than east coasters when it comes to things like a name. we talk different. in so cal we say dude. in the south east (dirty south) you say boe...or somthin like that. i can remember what they say up in new york and jersey or in washington or minnesota or oaklahoma....or texas but we do talk different in some things LOL so companies have different names for different places. thats all

18. 8secHonda

8secHonda New Member

u could get that tool or use a chain wrench... kinda like a vise grip but with a chain on it... that is what i used bro it worked great..

19. 8secHonda

8secHonda New Member

autozone is good around here on warranties like u said but the people that work there are by no means mechanics or mechanically inclined lol. or at least in my area.. lol

20. ricksautomotive

yeah i hear you. i like when i get the dumb asses sometimes LOL i just take the key board most of the time or use a computer on their counter to find what i need LOL. i remember one guy when i got my 88 prelude SI....the guy was all ecxited... like hell yeah bro i know everything about those cars. i love them!! i'm like hmmm. does he really? so i tel him its the one with 4WS and he aske if someone did a conversion? nope. hes tellin me the 4WS came out in 1989.i'm like nope. so hes debating with me about it and i got like all day so i'm just gettin a kick out of him LOL but yeah the autozone crew here is okay. about the same as yours is i guess LOL. if you know what you need then you will have an easier time. i usually look up parts on their web site and then go there

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted