Pulley help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah i hear you. i like when i get the dumb asses sometimes LOL i just take the key board most of the time or use a computer on their counter to find what i need LOL. i remember one guy when i got my 88 prelude SI....the guy was all ecxited... like hell yeah bro i know everything about those cars. i love them!! i'm like hmmm. does he really? so i tel him its the one with 4WS and he aske if someone did a conversion? nope. hes tellin me the 4WS came out in 1989.i'm like nope. so hes debating with me about it and i got like all day so i'm just gettin a kick out of him LOL but yeah the autozone crew here is okay. about the same as yours is i guess LOL. if you know what you need then you will have an easier time. i usually look up parts on their web site and then go there

lmao i dont think 4ws even thought about in the 80s lol... hahaha i feel like doing the same thing when i go... i love it when they argue w u sayin u need this part.. and heres some lube stuff u need also .. im like no i have anti sieze at home bro and that brake quieter dont do shit either lol

lmao i dont think 4ws even thought about in the 80s lol... hahaha i feel like doing the same thing when i go... i love it when they argue w u sayin u need this part.. and heres some lube stuff u need also .. im like no i have anti sieze at home bro and that brake quieter dont do shit either lol
yeah it was around by honda first. i love my 88 prelude too :) i drive like 30 through wallmart parking lot and then pull hard left around the square planters suddenly. i think it can make a circle of like 18 feet diameter LOL. do your research on lucas oil products like that fuel injection cleaner and then ask the guy questions about it when he tries to sell it to you at the counter. make sure you ask him extremely technical questions like you can find the answers to on lucas oil web site. and make sure you ask him when theres a line of people behind you so they all see him get put on the spot LOL. i mess with people all day long bro :) keeps my day interesting LOL

yeah the guy will never ask you to buy shit from the counter again LOL the see me walk in and theyre like Hey Rick :) but when i get to the counter i have to remind the guy...like hey arent you gonna try and sell me that crap too? then theyre like oh you want it today? no was just makin sure youre feelin okay :) LOL

hahaha heard that bro lol everytime i send my woman in there to get brakes or smthn or plugs they talk her into gettin that stuff for like 2 buck a packet lol .. im like tht shit dont work tell em u dnt need it ... lol i make her tak it back lol

yeah i hear you. i like when i get the dumb asses sometimes LOL i just take the key board most of the time or use a computer on their counter to find what i need LOL. i remember one guy when i got my 88 prelude SI....the guy was all ecxited... like hell yeah bro i know everything about those cars. i love them!! i'm like hmmm. does he really? so i tel him its the one with 4WS and he aske if someone did a conversion? nope. hes tellin me the 4WS came out in 1989.i'm like nope. so hes debating with me about it and i got like all day so i'm just gettin a kick out of him LOL but yeah the autozone crew here is okay. about the same as yours is i guess LOL. if you know what you need then you will have an easier time. i usually look up parts on their web site and then go there

i hear ya on the dumbasses.. ill check their website first before i go into the store.. they say they dont carry it and cant get it.. i then speak to someone that knows what im talkin bout and get a discount cuz i had to put up with a person that dont know jack shit about cars.. they arent even good at stockin shelves.. shits misplaced every where..

i hear ya on the dumbasses.. ill check their website first before i go into the store.. they say they dont carry it and cant get it.. i then speak to someone that knows what im talkin bout and get a discount cuz i had to put up with a person that dont know jack shit about cars.. they arent even good at stockin shelves.. shits misplaced every where..
yeah there were threads posted about it like 2 weeks ago. there were even pics with the part number for it at autozone on the threads. check in the civics and accords to see if you might find something. several people were talking about it in a few different threads.

ready to smash the car.. damn damper is stubborn.. goin to sleep on it

ready to smash the car.. damn damper is stubborn.. goin to sleep on it
yeah just chase down a mac tool truck or one of them when you see one again. it will cost you like 65 bucks but you will get the job done. someone found a new one on e-bay for 25 bucks during that period where everyone was talkin about it

yeah just chase down a mac tool truck or one of them when you see one again. it will cost you like 65 bucks but you will get the job done. someone found a new one on e-bay for 25 bucks during that period where everyone was talkin about it

yeah i already ordered one but im impatient and cant wait 7-10 days.. i fabricated a tool out of plumbing pieces and snapped the weld on it.. four feet of pipe and about 300 lbs of human torque was not enough for this bolt.. really wish i had heat:mad:

yeah i already ordered one but im impatient and cant wait 7-10 days.. i fabricated a tool out of plumbing pieces and snapped the weld on it.. four feet of pipe and about 300 lbs of human torque was not enough for this bolt.. really wish i had heat:mad:
that bolt can have about 600 foot pounds of torque on it. maybe even 750 foot pounds. it will snap half inch breaker bars like pencils too. i have a bad ass 350 dollar mac impact that rarely has trouble but it does from time to time. when it has trouble it takes 2 minutes to break the bolt loose

yeah i figured it out the hard way.. i thought it wouldnt be that bad to change a head and ill jsut do it in my back yard.. WRONG shoulda done it in the garage where i have acetalyn and air.. i never thought to read up on these hondas before i bought one.. guess ill buy a electric impact until i get that part from ebay!

yeah i figured it out the hard way.. i thought it wouldnt be that bad to change a head and ill jsut do it in my back yard.. WRONG shoulda done it in the garage where i have acetalyn and air.. i never thought to read up on these hondas before i bought one.. guess ill buy a electric impact until i get that part from ebay!
try to keep that electric impact clean so you can take it back. i would be surprised if it works for the crank bolt

anything with more power than my scrawny ass, will deff. try to do so.. thinkin of 3/4 drive tho
my neighbor has a 3/4 inch air impact but it sucks. my 3/8 drive IR impact has more power than his 3/4 from harbor freight. and my half inch blows his 3/4 out of the water LOL. get a good 3/4 if youre gonna try it. harbor freights 3/4 claims 500 ft pounds but i think its more like 200 maybe.

yeah i had one of the harbor freights impact and ill never buy one again. i love the ingersol rand tools.. they are deff. built very well, imo

back in the day i used to hold the pulley with the tool for doing that but i didnt have impacts. i did have a good impact 6-point deep well socket (19mm) that was half inch drive and i had like 3 craftsman breaker bars (half inch) and like 3 or 4 of the longest half inch drive extensions. i think they may have been like 12 inch extensions. and i had a few extra jack stands and long pipes to use as cheater bars on my breaker bar.
obviously the pulley holder holder goes on the pulley and you rotate the crank bolt counter clock wise till it jambs up against something on the bottom of the car...usually the front left LCA.....and the socket goes on the extension...the extension then gets another extension so that your breaker bar will clear the body work on your front left fender and bumper.... now you get a jakstand and set it up to hold your extension near the breaker bar connection....the extension has to be level between the crank bolt and the jack stand for best results...position the breaker bar in the 10-11 o-clock position from the jackstand and on a 90-degree angle from the extension.....put your cheater bar on your breaker bar and turn the crank bolt counter closk-wise....putting the breaker bar in the10-11 o-clock position puts you in front of the car and allows you to push as much body weight as you got on your cheater bar. the set op will also effectively drive the force to the bolt. it will also very possibly snap your craftsman breaker bars in two. sears will warranty them so dont worry. just be ready (incase it does) to try and catch yourself before you hit the ground

yeah ive had many cases of tryin to break loose axle nuts and had fallen flat on my ass.. i brought all my impact extensions and tried it but can't budge it.. went to lowes and bought a 3/4 impact rated at 600 lbs.. used propane to heat it up.. started to melt the crankshaft seal and timing belt and didnt budge it a millimeter.. im gettin a roll back and takin it to the shop.. in the process now and waitin on the roll back so ill fill you in on the details when i get back

Man I never had that much trouble with a crank pulley bolt...... But then again im a 6ft 270lbs guy that turns into the hulk when i get angry....

Man I never had that much trouble with a crank pulley bolt...... But then again im a 6ft 270lbs guy that turns into the hulk when i get angry....

lol.. well its because of working with limited resources.. back to the drawing board.. fabd a new tool together and will try again in the A.M. ohh.. and still no luck with an air impact neither

Back