Pulling a swap from a donor car. (prelude)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ogegg

Ok. I'm helping a friend pull an h22 swap from a Prelude 1995.

He intents on having this swap going into an eg/eh hatch.

Where should the wiring be disconnected from before pulling the engine from the prelude? shock towers? off the engine itself? does it matter?

And how about the civic?

I want to make this as painless as possible when it comes time to install.

Is he going to have to use the Prelude engine harness and add parts from the Civic wiring harness? Or use the Civic wiring harness and add parts from the prelude?

Will the prelude wiring harness plug into the stock civic shock tower cannon plugs? I know wiring will need to be added for the vtec, knock, and peak hold injectors.

Will the ecu (p13?) plug into the Civic OEM hanesses or do we need to cut the interior harness(ecu) off the prelude?

I'm sure this is common knowledge for some. So sorry if you have to see it again. But thanks to those who make helpful replys. B)

what year is eg/eh?

if its an obd1 prelude, and obd1 civic then the ecu should plug and play

chopping the interior ecu harness is a BAD BAD BAD idea
too many wires to have something go wrong...

as far as the engine wire harness, it all depends, some people try to use the civic's harness, while others try to use the lude harness...
if the lude harness plugs in to the civic chassis harness i would use the lude engine harness...

if you have both cars then take the time to count wires, match colors and match plugs... thats the easiest way...

i used the OBD1 prelude engine harness to drop the motor in my 95 OBD1 integra

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 8 2005, 12:28 PM
what year is eg/eh?

--- its a 93 i believe so i think i'm going to need to add the vtec wires.

if its an obd1 prelude, and obd1 civic then the ecu should plug and play

--- good, so i don't have to mess with the interior wiring harness, only add the wires to it for the egr, vtec, knock...

chopping the interior ecu harness is a BAD BAD BAD idea
too many wires to have something go wrong...

as far as the engine wire harness, it all depends, some people try to use the civic's harness, while others try to use the lude harness...

if the lude harness plugs in to the civic chassis harness i would use the lude engine harness...

---so this is my question, will the prelude engine harness plug into the civic chassis harness and then all i have to do is add the wiring for the vtec, egr....

if you have both cars then take the time to count wires, match colors and match plugs... thats the easiest way...

--- i suppose i will have to do that to be sure but i want to know what you guys already know.

i used the OBD1 prelude engine harness to drop the motor in my 95 OBD1 integra
[post=470650]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks!

unplug at the shock towers and use the prelude harness!! and then plug in the ecu. some wires will have to be run! dont forget to steal the axles and everything too! like i heard from behind a door once at a party "take it all bitch" :p

one more question for now...

So is it advisable to chop the prelude interior ecu harness and salvage pins off that harness and add them to the civic interior ecu harness?

Also just so the wire colors would be correct too.?

TIA

if the prelude is a donor then hack it all you want

but think it out first...

Back