pulling stock 2.2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

is there anything i should know b4 i pull this engine out?

That is an extremely vague question. You're going to have to provide a lot more information if you expect to get an kind of a serious answer.

What exactly do you want to know?

i need to know if i have to do anything special to pull this as this will be my first front wheel drive engine i pulled

i have to pull the tranny out to make it easier to bolt up the new engine right?and another question i have to get the f20a's dohc computer cuz the stock 1 wont work am i rite or wrong?

lil bit of advise if your pulling your first FWD....

when unplugging the engine harness.... do it at the fuse box and not off the motor.... makes alot easier then to chase down al the sensors

make sure you get the shift linkages pulled from the tranny, should be a C-clamp, cotter pin and should slide off

drain the fluids from the tranny (should look like a 3/8 square plug)

pull the radiator so you dont damage in process of pulling and it gives you more room

pull the axles.... drop the hubs, and use a flat-head screwdriver to pop the axles (place screwdriver between trans and axle will pop no prob)

if you have any questions hurry up and pipe up while iam pulling a motor now and i can take some pics to help you along

watch your head

word to wise:D

ok so its alot easier to pull the tranny i am goin to start the teardown process tomm to drop my new engine in soon and yah send me some pics it will help me out alot thanx

another dumb question that i am pretty sure i already no i have to change the computer in order for it to work because its a sohc the origanl computer and the engine im putting in is a dohc so the yrun on totally diff computers am i right?

ok just makin sure you guys are alot of help if i need help in the process i will ask you guys to make sure im doin everything right thanx for all the input

ill keep you guys updated on the swap and another dumb question lol..i was told the f and h series all use the same parts is that true?

ill keep you guys updated on the swap and another dumb question lol..i was told the f and h series all use the same parts is that true?

That's essentially true. They bolt in the same way, and you can swap transmissions between H and F-series engines. You can also swap H and F heads between the engine blocks.

ran into a problem....engine wont come off of tranny wen its still in the car decided to keep tranny in the car dumb idea i think but yah any help all the bolts are undone

Back