Pulse Plugs... the real deal?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spartan_327

I did a search, but couldn't find any threads regarding these types of spark plugs:

How a Pulse Plug works differently than a Spark Plug

Me, and a couple of co-workers were talking about them at work, and were wondering if they're worth it? We didn't know anyone personally that has shelled out the $$ to buy them ($25 a plug!) Though it seems that every magazine that has tested them, has seen hp increases and is generally impressed.

Somebody here has to be running these plugs, and I'm just curious if they're worth the steep price tag.

The consensus is that they improve performance in engines that don't have good plugs in to begin with, or ignition systems which are less than optimal. Be weary of products that say they will gain power while decreasing fuel consumption.

If I remember properly, the so called 'pulse plugs' are just a spark plug with a capacitor and spark gap built in.

Remember that just by gapping your spark plugs properly you'll gain some HP and torque. And keep in mind that the new snake oil trend is for the company to hire consultants to viral market, so these folks paid by the company go on forums and blogs and hype the product, provide fabricated evidence, and generally pump up the image. Try to prosocute the company based on these false alligations, oh, you can't, because they never made the claims, "independent individuals made those claims, sorry sir."

Here are some links to read:
Pulstar Plugs?
Pulstar Spark Plugs? Serious HP Gains!: 350Z Forum: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub
Pulstar Plugs? - S2000 Forums
DO NOT USE PULSTAR PLUGS!! i repeat do NOT install these in EVO's - evolutionm.net
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_marketing

There is a reason the spark plug hasnt changed in 100 years, because it does what it needs to just fine.

I'm always leery about these sorts of claims. but just wanted to see if anyone on the site has actually used them on their Honda. I've always been a die hard NGK laser platinum plug fan, but thought about opening my mind a bit to other products.

It's not like I'm gonna run right out and buy them for $25 a pop either, lol.

Damn, that's a lot of money. Ridiculous. Yeah, I agree. I may not know much about different types and how good they are, but I've learned to stay away from anything talking about "increasing Hp, decreasing fuel consumption", that whole thing. People are getting so desperate with gas prices how they are.....

im with you guys on the NGK's thats all i use to and the same there is a reason the spark plug is still the spark plug since the beginning

Are all the auto magazines really the whores to advertising that they come off as? I've seen at least five reviews in different tuner magazines lately kissing Pulstar's ass for these plugs...it's really kind of disgusting...

https://hondaswap.com/general-tech-maintenance/high-power-pulse-plug-replaces-spark-plugs-109491/

We went over this not long ago; Denso Iridiums are the best overall, and deffinatly better on the wallet!

SparkplugsSRT4_5.gif

Back