Pump gas on endyns.. need help. .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Crix

I am being told by several people that I can and then some saying I cant run pump gas on endyn 12.5 81.5 mm size pistons. Using a ls block b18b1. b16 head

It all depends on where you live and how good of a tune you have. For instance if you live in California, that is super high for the 91 octane that we have here. Also plan on running at least something like hondata for that high compression, as you will have to properly tune for it.

No problem for me- I did it with 12.6:1 compression and 92 octane gas... shit tuned with a VAFC.

ok what about using these pistons in a full itr. Head and block setup? Can it still be ran on 93.

I wouldn't go above 12 for 93 octane. Most power is made through ignition timing, and ignition is horribly touchy with compression above 12 on pump gas. Hardest motors I've ever tuned were high compression NA w/ lumpy cams. Totally unforgiving.

Yeah it'll be hard to tune but you can do it, especially if your going with Hondata.

Back