Purge Box on firewall

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok theres a black round thing on my civic that looks like a can on the firewall of my car.. it says purge on the top and has 3 hoses going into it.. what is that?? the gsr motor im putting in has these hoses but they are too big for this black can thing.. so i connected up the can thing that came with the gsr swap.. there only 2 problems.. one it wont clip the firewall and second there is some sort of plug that needs to be connected to the top of the gsr can thing.. but my car doesnt have a plug to connect to it.. what should i do..ill post pics tommorow because i bet my post is confusing......

I can envision it but I couldn't tell you what it does... Maybe something to do with the fuel or brake system?

Its a charcoal canister, don't realy need it unless you have emissions where you live. easiest thing to do would be to find a way to hook up your engine to the stock canister

Emissions, it's the Evaporative Emissions Control Canister. It is for tempoerary storage of fuel vapor until it can be purged in the engine and burn.

I've never seen them not be compatible, make sure you are running the lines to the right spots, Use the ones from the canister in you car.

as stated, use your stock canister and run the lines to the engine. I ran into the same prob about the stock lines being to small to fit onto the GSR "nipple" connectors....I torched a screwdriver, stuck the hose on and it widened....the quickly connected it....worked for me

Back