Push button start...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelSlo

ok so i was plannin on doin this to my sol before spring, but a guy from my club asked me, being a mechanic to wire in his push button start on his 97 teggy. i said sure, now i told him there is a few things we can do, i was just wondering if its alright to use the horn button on the right side of the steering wheel? if i disconect one then will the other not work?? if i just use a regular, push button and wire it in to the two low voltage wires under the steering column for the start position, i think that would be easier, just wondering if anyone has ever done this and what issues they might have encountered thanx

Paul

I wouldn't recommend wiring the horn button to your starter... what happens when you're driving and you accidentally hit the horn? Something will probably break- either your starter, your flywheel or maybe even something in the engine...

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 8 2005, 05:18 PM
I wouldn't recommend wiring the horn button to your starter... what happens when you're driving and you accidentally hit the horn? Something will probably break- either your starter, your flywheel or maybe even something in the engine...
[post=458187]Quoted post[/post]​

that is true, i was gonna do that to my sol cause i never have two hands on the wheel i always got my left on the wheel and my right on my lil sir shifty knobby :D

but thats my driving habits, his could be different. thanx calesta. have you ever put in a push button start??

You're welcome.

No, I've never put one in. It's not hard though. I would definitely NOT put one anywhere that it could be bumped while driving.

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 8 2005, 07:02 PM
You're welcome.

No, I've never put one in. It's not hard though. I would definitely NOT put one anywhere that it could be bumped while driving.
[post=458261]Quoted post[/post]​

point taken! :D

Push button starters - even on S2000's - are uber ghey. And putting one on the horn button is even gheyer. Like Mike said, what if you go to honk at someone? Bad fuckin' idea. :thumbsdown:

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 8 2005, 11:42 PM
Push button starters - even on S2000's - are uber ghey. And putting one on the horn button is even gheyer. Like Mike said, what if you go to honk at someone? Bad fuckin' idea. :thumbsdown:
[post=458399]Quoted post[/post]​

well im doin it for this kid who has more money than brains, so its aright, money in my pocket while i work out of my garage... hes puttin it in for style, im putting mine in more for an anti theft feature... whatever its something to do when you are bored and dont have a sidejob to do for the day! :)

and i like my push button starter. turning a key to crank the car is for homos

Back