push button switch starter.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

senatE

would anyone know how to make a switch panel push button starter. apparently one of my little cousins got ahold of my damn last key to my civic. and lost it. so im going to have to do door poppers and push button starter now since i have no keys for the locks or anything. ill just install an alarm with some power locks and shave my doors but apparently i have no keys anymore yay. so if anyone could help me out that would be great. i cant find any write ups on civic just mustangs and stuff.

thanks

p.s im not worried bout the car gettin stolen i live in the middle of nowere and its garage kept only for car shows.

just go to the parts store and buy new keys with the ignition switch for like 40 bucks

Remember that shaved doors are illegal in a lot of states. It's also a problem when you get into accidents and the emergency crews can't get to you. Sure they look cool, but when you die in your car, it's not so cool.

The lock and keys package shouldn't cost too much, given that you didn't have a chipped key (98+ I believe.) Just use a normal key.

Write down your VIN, grab your registration, go to the local Honda dealer and hve them make you a key from the VIN. (Youll need the registration so they know its your car.;))

Write down your VIN, grab your registration, go to the local Honda dealer and hve them make you a key from the VIN. (Youll need the registration so they know its your car.;))

lol why dont i jsut take my whole title? but anyways thanks for all the tips and im staying away from shaved handles :huh:

Just keep in mind that if you get a new ignition and key for it, you will have to change out the door locks and trunk lock as well. Otherwise, you will need your old key in conjunction to your new ignition key. Unless, of course, you are going to get an entirely new lock set. Then you can disregard everything I just said.

Remember that shaved doors are illegal in a lot of states. It's also a problem when you get into accidents and the emergency crews can't get to you. Sure they look cool, but when you die in your car, it's not so cool.

The lock and keys package shouldn't cost too much, given that you didn't have a chipped key (98+ I believe.) Just use a normal key.

Yeah I work at a dealership and they can cut you a key for like 5 or 6 bux from your vin (just need photo id and a registration/title to make sure someone didn't read your vin off the dash)... not worth doing all the mod work to a car just bc of a lost key... and if your car is just show, the chances of you getting in any kind of horrific accident to where they need to pull you out of a vehicle is slim to none. It would be a whole different story for a daily driver. Just my 2 cents

Back