1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

push button

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by Bobby17772, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Bobby17772

Bobby17772 New Member

hey I'm not sure if this is in the right place or not, so move it if need be.

but anyway. I'm sure everyone has seen, had, or at least know about those push button steering wheels.

1988-1991 Honda Civic/CRX Steering Wheel RD+Adapter Hub: eBay Motors (item 270601972887 end time Aug-01-10 11:28:50 PDT)

does anyone know what the amps would be on the buttons? because I was thinking (rice outside of the box) if the amps are high enough could you use one of the buttons for a starter button? and the other one for whatever, nitrous, another horn whatever.

if anyone knows that would be great seeing that these things are only like $40

thanks

2. TommyTheCat

TommyTheCat Gonzo Scientist

Just make sure it's detachable like a real race car so you can fill the nitrous back up quick like a watergun.

3. Bobby17772

Bobby17772 New Member

like I said, rice outside of the box lol. I think of odd things when I'm bored

4. 92stoccord

92stoccord Big Member VIP

[​IMG]

Coolest Starter button period.

5. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

i wouldnt bother. especially if you track your car you probably run your hands over those buttons a few times i bet.

6. dextercivic

dextercivic New Member

If you did choose to run them as nitrous buttons: 1) i would put an arming switch on it so you don't accidentally hit it as your downshifting into turn one! 2) i would put a relay between it and the nitrous solenoid because usually the horn buttons aren't rated for more that ten amps. IMO.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted