Put a Teg tach in a 90 HF?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

I was wondering if I could just remove my old tach, that goes up to 8000rpm and redlines at 5000rpm, and put in a 92 Integra Tach. If i just wired it in would it work or would it be completely out of whack?

Pretty much what I'm wondering is: Does the ECU tell the needle how much to move, or does it just tell it how many RMP to display? So would any tach wired to that ECU have to be recalibrated, or will it be ok?

Thanks.

Look at the wiring guide in the helms for the plugs on the guage cluter, they should have one. Are you running obd0 or obd1? A 92 integ is obd1 and the 90-91 is obd0. You could just get an aftermarket tach and mount it in where the stock tach is, with a little custom fabbing, ie, enlarging the hole a little and running the aftermarket wiring. Then you wouldn't have to deal with custom mounting the whole guage cluster. I like the guage cluster in my car, and I am just going to do what I described to yuo above. Get a 3.5 inch Tach, and mount it in place of the stock one. I am pretty sure the ecu just sends a standard voltage that the tach translates into rpms. The calibration is in the tach itself I think. Probably standard with hondas.

I've got an extra one if you want one. I'll send it to you for the price of shipping plus a few bucks for the effort. That is if you only want the tach out of the cluster, because I am looking forward to using the cluster housing to do some fab work to.

Back