puting a tranny in today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boost_me

honda4life
im puting a transmition in my 1990 integra ls the transmition is out of a 92 gsr i have every thing i need i have a new fly wheel, new clutch, rear main seal, and the transmition... the car has been off the road for about 2 and a half months and i really miss driveing it so i was wondering how long it should take to put it in... im hopeing i can do it in about 3 hours or something close to that

With a friend a few hours is possible if the old tranny is already off. Its pretty cold out not, I usually move a LOT slower in the cold :lol:

True, if your in a garage its not to bad. I get in my garage then turn on the propane heater to get it toasty then get to work.

I have a LARGE de-tached garage, its almost impossible to try and heat it. I'm extending my carport attic over to the big garage(they're connected), then it will be less space to heat.

There you go, mines attached to the house but theres no heat going out there. Like I said the heater just screws on to a propane bottle and you light it and it has mine entire garage hot in about 5 minutes to the point where your sweating.

what does the process involve?
do you need to drop the entire engine out to mate it to the tranny or can you just slide out the old and put in the new?

Dude its a cheap set up and it works great. Go to hope depot or something and pick one up and then just hook it up to your grill propane tank.

You can drop the trans without removing the engine.

Remove axles
Unhook all wires to sensors
drain trans
loosen all the bolts
remove the trans mount with a jack under the trans
remove the bolts
hold the tranny up, slide out jack
slide trans shaft out of engine and let the trans down

reverse for install.

Edit: No no, I'm jealous of the fact your garage gets tropical!! :lmao:

When me and my buddy did his we only removed the axel form one side and where able to keep the half shaft in place. The hardest part was getting the clutch plate to line up cause he brought the wrong allignment tool. Sorry, we changed the flywheel thats why we had to mess with the clutch otherwise its not to hard. His was a type r tranny on a gsr in a hatch.

ok thanks i got the old one off in about an hour and a half but i have to get a new tranny mount the old one is broken and i have a shop and i know what im doing but i have never had to take one off so i just wanted to see how long it would take but thanks again

Just keep in mind that your clutch disc from your old transmission will not fit the 92 gsr transmission, because the input shafts on the two transmissions are different sizes, and have a different number of splines. a clutch disc from a 92 - up Integra or 94-95 Del Sol or 99-00 Civic Si will fit. The pressure plate and flywheel are the same though.

Back