putting a b16 into a 1996 honda civic ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what is involved with putting a b16 motor into my 1996 honda civic ex? Do i need a motor mount kit? What else will I need?

depends which b16 you get. theres at least 7 different versions.

if you get one from a usdm 99-00 civic si, its the least amount of work.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 1 2005, 05:03 PM
depends which b16 you get. theres at least 7 different versions.

if you get one from a usdm 99-00 civic si, its the least amount of work.
[post=467764]Quoted post[/post]​

Would I need anything else besides the motor, tranny, ecu, and wiring harness

You would have to redue the wiring because your car is obd2a and the 00 civic si b16 is obd2b, but you can just use your harness from your car, and since your car is already wired for vtec, then you its a matter of mixing and matching civic and integra mounts... do a search for some more info. later

Originally posted by civic32958@Mar 2 2005, 07:55 PM
b series motor mount kit
b series sfiftlinkage
00 si rear transmisson bracket
[post=468489]Quoted post[/post]​

becareful with the mounts because there is a difference with the integra and the 96-00 driver side mount

Originally posted by civiclxb16+Mar 2 2005, 11:04 PM-->
civic32958
@Mar 2 2005, 07:55 PM
b series motor mount kit
b series sfiftlinkage
00 si rear transmisson bracket
[post=468489]Quoted post[/post]​

becareful with the mounts because there is a difference with the integra and the 96-00 driver side mount
[post=468599]Quoted post[/post]​

Can I just get a motor mount kit and a shift linkage kit from hasport or something like that. I saw that they make a kit for putting a b series into my car, but it is pretty expensive. is there a cheaper way, or should I just go with that.

you don't need new mounts. Just brackets. you'll need a 99-00SI rear & Driver side brackets. Any any b series front tranny backets. USe your stock top trannny bracket you can leave all your stock mounts alone if they are in good shape.

Originally posted by smooth_criminal@Mar 3 2005, 02:49 PM
you don't need new mounts. Just brackets. you'll need a 99-00SI rear & Driver side brackets. Any any b series front tranny backets. USe your stock top trannny bracket you can leave all your stock mounts alone if they are in good shape.
[post=468828]Quoted post[/post]​

Where can I get the brackets? Do I also need shift linkages? if so which ones

Back