putting an h22a4 in a 95 accord ex sohc vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tommynrossie

Hi, I just got an h22a4 from a 2000 prelude(obd2) and ill be putting it into a 1995 accord ex with a MT(obd1). if any of you have done this and have any info on it. What I have so far is the engine an most of the wiring harness(unfortunatly for an auto trans). I have heard that my harness will work on the h22a4 since they are both vtec. will my accord ecu and trans(MT) work with the h22a4. also are there any other things I should know about it before I begin.Ive read different things about terminal swapping, grinding down engine mounts, and problems with the timing belt auto tensioner(which my new motor has). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi, I saw that I have had 2 replies to my above question but they arent showing up on the screen. any one have any idea why? thanks.

Last edited:
need an ecu conversion harness, no the accord ecu will now work correctly. you need the proper obdII ecu for the h22, yes the manual tranny will work. yes the accord harness will work but you will have to wire in knock and i think that the crank position sensor may be located on the block instead of the dist. not sure on the last one. do some more research and you will find that answer

Hi, I just got an h22a4 from a 2000 prelude(obd2) and ill be putting it into a 1995 accord ex with a MT(obd1). if any of you have done this and have any info on it. What I have so far is the engine an most of the wiring harness(unfortunatly for an auto trans). I have heard that my harness will work on the h22a4 since they are both vtec. will my accord ecu and trans(MT) work with the h22a4. also are there any other things I should know about it before I begin.Ive read different things about terminal swapping, grinding down engine mounts, and problems with the timing belt auto tensioner(which my new motor has). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

thanks for the help, with an obd2 ecu will I have any immobilizer issues? I see that you have a 94,was your motor an obd2 as well? also I will be selling the original engine,it is a vtec F22b1. it has 195000 on it aside from a t-belt, balancer belt, and water pump being due for replacement it is in good condition. just make me an offer. thanks again for the help

Last edited:
not sure about the immobalizer. no because my car is obdI i stuck with an obdI engine so i wouldnt have to worry about things like that.

for more info checkout Honda-Tech.com: Main Forum List. they have a search button at the top right. use that to search for theads about the immobalizer.

here are a few with the wheels off. couldnt find my other ones.

convayer.jpg

sideroad2.jpg

cool, mine is the same color but 4dr.. what kinda wheels u had on it

they did have excel 7 spoke hyper black 18in wheels but some lil bitch stole them. so im fixing to get some 18in gunmetal enkei rsv or kazera kza wheels

Back