Putting in a Manual Tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MXDesa

Hey guys im about to tackle a automatic to manual swap. I have my head on straight and i know and have thought about most of the problems i might run into. Can any of you more experienced guys link me to sites that can help me with this swap or offer me some imput? Also, what are the major wiring issues that im going to run into?? Thank you guys

the auto is overwired when using a manual tranny. just gte a manual ecu, and do the tranny, pedals, clutch master etc conversion

don't forget the new starter because i ran into that problem when i did mine. also i'm still rolling around on my auto ecu because when i put the manual ecu in (same code as the auto) it would crank but not start, still trying to figure that problem out. there is a metal bracket that hangs down from where the gear selector cable went through, make sure your shift linkage doesn't scrape on that because it is very annoying and loud. other then that good luck it should only take about a weekend at the most. i had mine done in a day but then i had to wait until the next day for the new starter.
almost forgot you will need a new starter bolt that is an inch longer than the old one, same goes for the front motor mounts because the new one is about an inch thicker than the old one.

Back