Putting obd1 B18c1 in my 91 obd0 integra (lots of questions)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91LS_Integra

This is a long post but will give several details so please read and try to help me resolve any concerns or questions I have. Some items I already have a good guess on but I want to make sure that when I start I am able to finish in one night. Answer one item or all of them if you can, your help will be much appreciated

I have several questions in regards to putting a odb1 b18c1 in my 100% completely stock 1991 Integra LS obd0 with a b18a1

To start, its been about 4 years since I have done any swap. I have done the following swaps:
Placed ZC and Manual transmission in my 1990 Auto DX DPFI CRX
Placed B16a obd0 into my other 1990 Manual DPFI CRX
It took me 12 to 24 hours to do these swaps from start to finish to include all wiring. I sold one of the cars, then the other got stolen so I just decided to get a good condition teg and drive it normally.

Low and behold a deal came up on a b18c1 that I could not pass up. I got the long block motor with intake manifold, unknown hydraulic transmission, shift linkage, European p28 ECU chipped with a chip labeled 29406 B16a from racingchips, distributor, drivers side axel and half shaft and the complete motor side of the wiring harness. No mounts came with this.

First things first, I do not want to leave the car odb0 and put the pr3 or PW0 ecu in it

how do I find the model of the tranny (ie s80) so I can make sure this tranny is the one I want to keep. If its not, I might very well use my cable tranny from my teg so I dont have to buy the Conversion from cable to hydraulic kit. Secondly, will any B-series clutch work. I have a brand new one sitting around for my 1991

Next, onto motor mounts
Do I need this kit from Hasport or will my current mounts from my 1991 work
http://hasport.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=52_59&products_id=163

What axels do I need to buy, I want a brand new set so I want to know if I need to buy axels for a 1991 ls teg, or a 1994 gsr teg or do I need some special conversion axels. My guess is that the gsr and ls axel are the same

Onto wiring
Do I just need to buy the rywire OBD0 to OBD1 ECU Conversion Harness and use my existing obd0 harness and cut the ends off the obd1 harness as needed (do I need to get a gauge cluster for this option, how does the electronic speedo sensor convert to my cable gauge cluster) or do I get the conversion harness and use the obd1 harness

Chip for the ECU
Should I give the one that I currently have a shot or should I get something closer to the stock settings for my motor

Ok, so after a crap ton of google searching and reading here, this is what I found out. This might help anyone making this swap

I need to buy or make the following.

Wiring:
Rywire - Online Store

Mounts: (only need one really so I can keep the Hydraulic tranny)
Hasport Performance Online Store
I am not sure but I think the hasport kit comes with the conversion for the cable to hydro. Someone is checking on this for me and will get back to me tomorrow

Axels:
Current axels from 91 teg will work

ECU:
Current ECU (p28 chipped) will work but does not have the wiring for the knock sensor

Speed sensor:
I will move over the sensor mechnism from my LS tranny to allow the cable to run to the speedomenter and the speedo sensor from the cluster will send back to the odb1 ECU

i bought a b18c1 into my 1991 integra ls i dont really know alot about swaps im a coal miner and dont know much about swaps so please help me out and let me know where to start i got the hydraulic tranny and ecu,wiring harnes,axles and the shift linkage for the b18c1 PLEASE HELP

Back