Putting Transmission Casing back together

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DwnShftPrincess

Well... I finally think i got it together. When I took my s40 transmission out and cracked open the casing my three detent balls (steel balls) were the only things that fell out (i'll be putting them back of course). While examining the inside i touched or turned a few of the gears but nothing major. i didn't loosen anything in there. so my question is, can i just put the housing back on now or was i suppose to remember some exact settings/positions or not turn the gears or anything at all? quite curious. i'd hate to put this bitch back in and it tear up on me. Thanks

Originally posted by DwnShftPrincess@Sep 21 2005, 06:50 PM
Well... I finally think i got it together. When I took my s40 transmission out and cracked open the casing my three detent balls (steel balls) were the only things that fell out (i'll be putting them back of course). While examining the inside i touched or turned a few of the gears but nothing major. i didn't loosen anything in there. so my question is, can i just put the housing back on now or was i suppose to remember some exact settings/positions or not turn the gears or anything at all? quite curious. i'd hate to put this bitch back in and it tear up on me. Thanks
[post=558067]Quoted post[/post]​

just put the case back on

Back