putting z6 head on d15 block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

puttin a z6 head on a d15 cx block ...would there be a big differance between that and have the z6 on the z6 block?

dont even bother....d15b8 is an 8 valve engine....pistons are knotched only for 8 valves...putting the z6 on will only result in bent valves...just swap a whole z6 in.

with my 92 hatch, i was going to throw a z6 head onto a d15b7. it a good swap and with the extra compression you yield more hp and torque than a stock z6.

yeild more tq due to compression and a base platform that will rev higher easier than a d16.

Originally posted by dirty91crx@Sep 22 2003, 10:37 PM
yeild more tq due to compression and a base platform that will rev higher easier than a d16.

what are the differences between the D15B7 and the D15B8? You said the Z6 head would not work on the B8 because of bent valves, but on the B7 it will yeild more torque and rev easier and higher. Is there that much of a difference between the two engines?

damn wish i had 8 valves per cylinder! anyhoo the d15b8 is an 8 valve engine...the pistons are notched only for an 8 valve head...puttin the z6 head on will and i say will result in bent valves....

Back