Puzzle of the day!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whiterabbit06

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill?
VIP
First puzzle!
tmp_24070-IMG_4983352809681321713652095.jpeg

right now you can get 15
if you bring the wrappers back you can get another 5
from those you can get 1 more
adding that wrapper to the 2 left over from the 5 you can get 1 more
all in you spent $15 and got 22 candy bars

and diabetes

I'm retarded.

The connection that a wrapper was a part of the chocolate bar didn't occur to me at all. I was thinking it's some other 'wiget'. lol

Three long time best friends decide to take a road trip. They decide to stop and get a hotel room for the night. Agreeing it would be cheaper, they decided to split the cost of one room. The man at the desk tells them it will be $30 for the night so they each chip in $10 but when the man at the desk finishes putting in the information in the computer the room was rated at $25 for the night so he gave them back $5 in change. The three friends decide to each take $1 and give the man the remaining $2.

Question:
If each of the three guys paid $10 and got $1 back that means they each paid $9 for a total of $27, add in the $2 that they gave the man and it comes to a total of $29. What happened to the extra dollar?

the way you have it worded, you need to subtract the 2 from the 27 not add it
they each gave him 10
10 + 10 + 10 = 30
he gave back 3 from the total
30 - 3 = 27
he kept 2 from the remaining total
27 - 2 = 25
the room cost 25
25 - 25 = 0
all accounted for

or you could go with it this way
the room cost 25
add the 2 they tipped the guy
25 + 2 = 27
they each paid 9
9 + 9 + 9 = 27
again all accounted for

damnit I was just about to type it in!!! dang it E. lol.. I had to pick someone else's friend.

Back