Puzzling no fuel problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UNDR8D

...has a job!
95 EJ2, fuel pump is not turning on and pressurizing in key on. I jumped the pump with a battery and it works so I know the pump itself is fine. I am just finishing an LS swap and I have not reconnected all the grounds yet. From experience, would the fuel pump not run because of a ground? Also, is there a separate fuel pump relay or is it run off the main relay, the gray one down by the driver's side kick panel? In all my searching and rambling I could not find a fuel pump relay or any pertinent information about it. Thanks guys.

I had the same problem when I swapped. Try another fuel pump relay the one down by drivers side kick panel. Check junkyards I bought a working one for like $10.

I have pulled this relay but I have not tested it in any way and I do not want to just guess and start replacing parts. That is against everything I believe. Is the ground from the core support to the valve cover integral for the vehicle to run? I do not have that hooked up yet.

OK, update: I bench tested the main relay and it is dead as far as I can see. Also, with it plugged in, the CEL does not come on in KEY ON, the relay does not click at all, and the fuel pump does not come on. The engine is a low mileage LS swap but the car itself has 250,000+ miles, and the relay may never have been changed. From what I've read these are pretty much bound to go at some point or another.

Back