Pwo Chip

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am planing to buy a stand alone engine management system in the next 3 months,but for now I bought a turbo chip off ebay a pwo chip .After have the socket install by radio shack tech I placed it in the car and starts it ,after it starts the red light in the ecu stays on and the check engine light also stays on ....
Should I take the chip out and turn it around then put it back in ???
What may be my problem

its prolly because its from e-bay. I would never buy anything that could screw my engine up bad from e-bay. buy a chip from somewhere you know that sells good products(like katman at jhpusa)

Originally posted by turbocrx2.0l@Apr 17 2004, 08:26 AM
I am planing to buy a stand alone engine management system in the next 3 months,but for now I bought a turbo chip off ebay a pwo chip .After have the socket install by radio shack tech I placed it in the car and starts it ,after it starts the red light in the ecu stays on and the check engine light also stays on ....
Should I take the chip out and turn it around then put it back in ???
What may be my problem

Put the stock chip back in, if you can't because RS destroyed it, then the problem could be a bad install job.

Personally, I don't trust RS as far as I could pickup the building and toss it, but hey, that's just me.

Also, the e-bay chip could be bad too.

So, if you can put the stock chip back in and it runs fine the it's the ebay chip
If you put the stock chip back in and it doesn't run fine, it's the installation job

HTH

I placed the stock chip in and it runs perfect .All i wanted from the shitty ass chip was to gain a bit more rpm 8200 to 9k. now where in Florida can i send the ECU to obtain a bit more RPM???

Originally posted by turbocrx2.0l@Apr 19 2004, 07:49 AM
I placed the stock chip in and it runs perfect .All i wanted from the shitty ass chip was to gain a bit more rpm 8200 to 9k. now where in Florida can i send the ECU to obtain a bit more RPM???

You could either get a burner and use the freeware tools at www.pgmfi.org OR PM me and I'll help you out...

you're a pure ricer if you spin a B16A1 faster than 8200 RPM w/o a new valvetrain and cams. The only reason to do so is to look cool to all the other riceboys with toyotas and fords that can't hit 8000.

Why? 2 reasons:
1. your cams are spent before 8000
2. your valvetrain sucks and will float a valve quite quickly if you take it to 9000 on a regular basis.

Back