Pwo Ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

typej

Is there any faith for the PWO Ecu (OBD 0) or is it no good? Basically are there any tuning software for it or am I basically going to have to step up to OBD 1 STATUS?

typej said:
Is there any faith for the PWO Ecu (OBD 0) or is it no good? Basically are there any tuning software for it or am I basically going to have to step up to OBD 1 STATUS?
The PW0 has the same support the PR3 does. Although both are different, their support is somewhat similar. Look into Turbo Edit. However, obd-1 has a ton more support.

B16RacerN2NR said:
The PW0 has the same support the PR3 does. Although both are different, their support is somewhat similar. Look into Turbo Edit. However, obd-1 has a ton more support.

That's what I'll probably end up switching to down the line (OBD-1 VTEC ECU)...

PW0 will not work with TurboEdit, xenocron will chip a PW0 with BRE

use BRE, ive used BRE with my pw0 then i got a pr3. BRE offers support for both, and im quite impressed with it. check out Welcome to PGMFI. they have BRE and forums for support.

MikeBergy said:
\

(big breath) - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAH......AAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

No.
are you sure about that? pw0 + chip and chrome tuninig is not possible.:huh:

Taco15 said:
are you sure about that? pw0 + chip and chrome tuninig is not possible.:huh:

correct, not possible.
pw0 = obd0
crome = obd1

MikeBergy said:
correct, not possible.
pw0 = obd0
crome = obd1

hmmm then how the hell did my buddy tune my pwo? i know he chipped it. and im pretty sure he's always used chrome:huh: ohh well thats the past.

dude its weird. I'm telling ya. he chipped it. hooked it up to my ecu, drove it with his laptop adding fuel and what not.had a wide band hooked up also...........wait a minute. he never asked me to get an extra bung so he couldnt possibly uses a wideband......... the car definitly pulled alot harder after vtec though. thats weird. i'm definitly gonna ask him what he used. I done it before and he said crome. then again he has a bad memory of which car is what since it was along time agao and he has tuned numerous cars. I know he used it with my p28 cuz thats the program i saw on his laptop. whatever. thanks for bringing it up mike

Back