Q about multiple music files and itunes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95b16coupe

if i download a music file then transfer the file to itunes, does it take up double the space? can i delete the old file once it's in itunes and still have my ipod work?

my hard drive is getting full and it seems like i have several copies of the music.

dont think it works that way... if you delete it off the computer iTunes cant find it and a message box will pop up..

dont think it works that way... if you delete it off the computer iTunes cant find it and a message box will pop up..

so if i scan a cd into itunes, does it automatically duplicate to another location in my hard drive?

I hate itunes. it ruins my music.

so, i keep an itunes folder and i keep my real music in a seperate location so my real music doesn't get fubared by itunes.

I hate itunes. it ruins my music.

so, i keep an itunes folder and i keep my real music in a seperate location so my real music doesn't get fubared by itunes.

how does it ruin it? does it make it choppy or degrade the quality of the file?

yeah, it converts high Q tacks down (most of my music is 360+, a lot of it in flac), and then there's always the risk that itunes will fuck up and delete it all. so, i just save a copy.

1tb hard drives are $80 now dude... just buy a 2nd drive already. lol

If you have purchased a ton of iTunes music check out SongBird. iTunes is a bloated piece of shit in my opinion. Full Dis-closer: I own a Zune.

Back