Quarter Panel is smashed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

H22AdelSol

My friend backed into my poor unsuspecting del Sol and bashed the quarter panel up pretty good, im thinking i would need a new one. Ive never heard of any shops cutting one off and welding it back on and doing the bondo plus paint. Is it possible? what kind of ball park figure would i be looking at? pics soon

all body shops can do this type of work depending on how bad it is it can be between 1500 and 3000 just depend on how bad

Go find yourself a body manual for your Sol... the rear quarter panels have a seam in them where they join up to the roof line. If you cut/weld in that exact location and then smooth stuff out, it will look stock.

it alot harder than you make it sound but go to a good body shop supply house and oreder a replacment qauter panel spen the extra cash and get a stamped peice not the cheap hand pounded one. next you need to learn to mig weld and to spot weld. then you gota put it in.

The best solution is to find a local high school or ech school to do it for you they take longer but are abiut 1/3 the price

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Apr 13 2004, 05:09 PM
it alot harder than you make it sound but go to a good body shop supply house and oreder a replacment qauter panel spen the extra cash and get a stamped peice not the cheap hand pounded one. next you need to learn to mig weld and to spot weld. then you gota put it in.

The best solution is to find a local high school or ech school to do it for you they take longer but are abiut 1/3 the price

:withstupid:

insurance is taking care of it and they are putting a new quarter panel and gas tank lid on for me! grand total comes out to $1562.22 which includes paint. There is no way i would attempt this myself :lol:

good, although i would really like too see a n00b tackle the task of putting on a quarter . :p

Back