Quest for a header...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thr33niL

I think I have wasted enough money now. I now have two headers that dont do the trick. Most know that with a B18C1 in an EG Civic that there will be about a 6 inch gap between the end of the header (collector) and the cat. In my hopes of not having to weld anything I went on researching for a header that would span the gap.

1st bit of advise had me buy a Type R header (aftermarket). It looked like it would work so I bought it. Well it wasnt quite right. The 2.5" collector doesnt fit well with a stock cat. And for some reason its alignment doest quite mesh since it tweaks my B-pipe to the passenger side about 2-3 inches. Its what I am running right now but it needs to be swapped for something better.

Numero 2, I was advised to get a B18B (LS, RS) header. That came in on Friday and before I took my existing header off I mocked it up and found a couple glaring problems. It seems to be a little short and the collector flange will not line up.

So what do I do. There has to be a header out there that will work for this common swap. I really want to avoid the muffler shop.

nope your shit out of luck. i had ls header on mine and i pulled the cat closer with hangers but then it broke. best thing for you to do is get the header you want and then get the cat/mid pipe of that motor. it wil all fit. im runnin a b18c with stock header/cat/mid pipe and it fits fine on my hatch just fine.

or you could do what you dont want to and head up to the muffler shop and get and extention made.
good luck

Why don't you by a cat that is specific to your swap? There are companies that make cats for Honda hybrids. I don't know of anyone that makes a header to do what you are trying to accomplish.

Welding an extension onto your cat is waaaaaaaaay cheaper and easier than trying to find a special header.... and then you can use any standard fit header you want- which means you have that many more performance options to choose from. Just extend the cat.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 8 2005, 07:27 PM
Welding an extension onto your cat is waaaaaaaaay cheaper and easier than trying to find a special header.... and then you can use any standard fit header you want- which means you have that many more performance options to choose from. Just extend the cat.
[post=509911]Quoted post[/post]​

This is probably what I will do. Tired of looking and asking questions. Two wrong headers are enough for this guy.

What I will do is just buy a GSR header and add the extension. Now do you extend the cat from the front side or the rear?

Also I was wondering about exhaust. Right now I have an EVO cat back system from GReddy. I am getting tired of the noise! I even put a silencer on the damn thing and its still too loud. I bought a 2000 GSR (3 door) muffler I wanted to put on and it turns out this person also has the B-pipe for sale. Would that fit an Civic coupe? I know that when I bought the GReddy exhaust, it said it would fit 99-00 Civic SI's and I cant remember if it was 94-99 Tegs or 94-01.

I at least want to get the muffler on.. expecially now running like 4000 RPM on the freeway, I need something quieter.

Back