1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question About auto to 5spd

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by ne3ek, Dec 12, 2004.

1. ne3ek

ne3ek Senior Member

So I'm doing an auto to 5spd swap, a b18a transplant, and a dpfi-mpfi swap. I wanna do as much as i can now so i don't have to worry about it all at once.

So my question is, can I install the pedals now? I mean the gas/brake pedal should be the same between auto/manual right? I know the brake pedal is bigger on an auto but placement shoul eb the same. The reason I'm asking is because a pedal swap is like a one day project since I need to pull the dash. I dun care about driving around with a limp clutch lol.

I may even pre-wire my pr4 ecu for mpfi because I plan to do this swap at a friends house and i wanna keep it to a 2day max (i plan to do it maybe january or later... I wanna clean up the motor/replace some things)

But all I have left to buy is mounts.. I bought a 91 integra ls special edition with a salvage title for cheap, I drove it and it feels awesome no grinds or anything. So I'm gonna rip out the motor/ecu/tranny/axles/full suspension/brakes. I gonna install as much as i can in the crx.

Now a couple questions i have.. the 91 integra axles will be fine right? And does any know what plugs I will have to extend, which plugs will be left hanging ect ect. We did a b18b into my buddy's lx 4dr ef in the begining of summer but it's not fresh in our minds.

BTW anybody want integra ext/int parts? Shoot me a PM i'll see what i got :)

2. Estorvito

Estorvito Soy Boricua

I dont think you have to remove the dash to replace the gas tingys......I have the manual clutch tingy assembly...If You need it....PM me...Or Post..whatever!lol

3. Estorvito

Estorvito Soy Boricua

Ohhhh ......and Do a Search........
    You might find some usefull info on this site.....

4. ne3ek

ne3ek Senior Member

well see we pulled the pedals out of an EF hatch and the dash def had to come out. The pedals go far up behind the dash. it's a serious bitch. I already have the auto>5spd parts i need. All i need now is mounts for my 88-91 b series.

5. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Hmmm, I did a write up on ED-DA auto-manual swaps. Im the guy to talk to if you want too.

Pedals - yes you can put them in now.
    MPFI Wiring - you want to wired MPFI now?
    Axles - is hte car a DX? If it is, they will work. Is the car a Standard (4speed) then no it will not work.

6. ne3ek

ne3ek Senior Member

well i cant do mpfi now can i? Im not looking to buy an si intake mani or anything if im just gonna drop a b18a1 into the car in a couple weeks :p

ya it's a dx.

and thatnks about the pedals!

7. ne3ek

ne3ek Senior Member

oh and can you link me to the article? I'm not sure where it is. You seem to be the one with the most knowledge on this board as far as ef/ed/da, want any DA parts? :D

8. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Ive got enough DA parts to choke a horse, lol.

I though you said you wanted to prewire the MPFI, I took that as running hte wires for the Injectors, Distributor etc...

Just remember Hondaswap's disclaimer... "we are not held responsible for mistakes made during the alterations to your vehicle"

http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...hl=auto++manual

You may not have to drill the hole for the clutch cable, there should be a rubber/plastic grommet there, just pull it out, Im not sure if you have to shim the mount on the passenger side either.

As far as the DA you bought goes, go to G2IC.com register and hit up the Classified sections. Im sure you'll sell most if not all of what you dont need/use.

The wiring is pretty wierd. There's a wire on your slider thing, that needs to be grounded so you can remove your key, if you want your reverse lights to work, you have to run the 2 wires from the tranny and ground 1 and solder hte other to the slider thing... its confusing but worth it.

Brian

9. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

DO NOT GO CUTTING WIRES OUT THINKING YOU DONT NEED EM... SIMPLY UNPLUG EVERYTHING FIRST AND FOREMOST THEN CUT-N-SPLIVE AS NEEDED

10. ne3ek

ne3ek Senior Member

lol thanks.. im not a noob to swapping haha. I have buddy with an auto ef dx hatch with a swapped in b16a 5spd, i also have a buddy with a 4 dr ef sedan b18b

so they're gonna help me with my swap, i should be in good hands! Thanks for you're help though... thanks a lot lol. Also.. what do you think is a good asking price for the gauge cluster from the integra? And is there anything special about the special edition? lol

11. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

i did my ef pedals without removing the dash took 45 mins just get a couple extensions and a swivel

12. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Im glad you have someone there helping you out, I didnt. I did mine practically by myself. The shimming on DA's is crazy, its like 1" and some change, lol. Bolts and Washers became my friend, fast. To remedy this I cut the passenger mount out of a Manual Integra and welded it into place (or rather my neighbor did), made it easier, but is a little more work. I really dont think you'll have to do this, becuase you have an EF/ED and will be using the Hasport Mounts (I HOPE) and wont need to worry about this. But good luck!

Gauge Cluster $45, LS-S I think teh only difference between this and the LS was the fact it came with Leather (not totally positive), Rear Spoiler, ALL power and Alloy's. Depending on the year that is.

13. ne3ek

ne3ek Senior Member

cloth ): it's a DA integra though

14. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted