question about body kits

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondacivicguy05

i was looking for a body kit for my 91 hatch i looked at them at different places and got some prices on them and i got to thinking about looking on ebay yeah there was some nice ones i liked goin for like 200 to 300 then another 2 to 300 to ship them and i almost came close to buying a kit off the but i got to thinking how good is it is it made cheap or all out shitty so my question is should i buy one off the or just go to another place and buy one and what style will look good on my hatch

Why not put that money under the hood? All show and No-Go isn't going to get you much, except more attention and getting your shit jacked...

i was just curious about the body kits but i'm putting most of my money under the hood already tryin to decide to do the mini me swap or do the si cam swap in it since i done the dpfi to mpfi swap already

most bodykits for that price are shit!!!
cheap fiberglass that is poorly formed,so it wont fit right without modification,,and it will crack very easy...the cheap poly kits are poorly molded,yielding shitty fitment and alot of air bubbles

don't get a kit they are all crap i'v installed plenty of body kits and the only ones that fit are veilside. trust me they have weak points where the fiberglass was molded they dont fit right under the headlights. but it's realy how picky you are most people dont even notice the small stuff like that. the money could be put to better things i think

good kit

I would definitely go with a quality made kit other wise you will end up paying more in the end. Vis makes a couple good kits.

lol fuck name brand,,its all the same.,shitty made products,,that will always take work to make look like its supposed to do,,

Like everyone else said scratch the body kit idea and focus on your engine. If in the future after you've built somethin and you still have money that you don't know what to do with, then maybe consider a ricer kit, I mean body kit ;)

i looked at some of the body kits and i'm not like the look of them anymore i found like 2 or 3 front bumpers that may look good and thanx for all the info and opinons on them

Dude just leave the car stock on the outside. Don't fuck with the bumpers or anything. It's just a waste of money and it adds weight.

word..i would have to say the only non rice kit worth getting ,,that actually looks good and takes least time to fit properly would be the mugen kits(wings west replica i believe)

thanks for yalls input on that now that i have realised what yall are talking about all i reall want to do is change the stock front bumper to something that looks better than the stock one on my 91 civic hatch

Dood!. Bodykits DO NOT add weight, my Wings West RS 6pc kit is alot lighter, I dont have the bumper supports (and it is Poly Erethane). But I would definately suggest doing an all motor build. I spent $1,100 on my kit and would much rather have started a turbo build, considering my "d16a6/d16z6 mini-me" is completely souped. But do not go with too much power with all the damn laws, maybe looks are just what we all need to focus on!.

Dude just leave the car stock on the outside. Don't fuck with the bumpers or anything. It's just a waste of money and it adds weight.

no buddy, just been souping up Hondas since I was 15, and now I'm 21 (dont get me wrong, I don't know it all) that was just my personal opinion and I appreciate yours, but I dont understand if you take the re-bar out how it could be any heavier?. All comments are viewed as a new piece of info. so please explain. BTW I dont think I know everything. I'm only human!!. Thanks for your time and patients!!.

You are wondering on body kits, Look for jsut a lip kit for the car. keeps it clean and spices it up a good amount. If you want to spend some money on it I recommend a backyard specal body kit. Lil Spendy but rare on cars. maybe a 1 of 50 body kit so you know that no one else has it in the area. I have one of those sleeper cars and I dont get any respect from people around here. people that are going for show go for the kit and not the motor. It is how you present your car in car shows not horse power. OO ya and you can pick up chicks easier in a better looking car. I cant get ghost if I tried.

no buddy, just been souping up Hondas since I was 15, and now I'm 21 (dont get me wrong, I don't know it all) that was just my personal opinion and I appreciate yours, but I dont understand if you take the re-bar out how it could be any heavier?. All comments are viewed as a new piece of info. so please explain. BTW I dont think I know everything. I'm only human!!. Thanks for your time and patients!!.

You took the actual steel bumper out?

You realize that if you hit something your engine is going to be sitting in your lap, right?

Back