Question about DX to ZC swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

onefiine69

I recently bought a 98 civic DX with blown motor for $500 So I bought a used engine from Noyan USA to go in its place. I come to find out its actually a SOHC ZC motor from japan. So i had to change the intake and a few other things (no big deal). But the other night I started to hook the wirring harness back up and came across a problem. The Distributor is diff and the ZC doesn't have a crank sensor that the D16 had? What do I do to convert it and make it work? I called a friend and he said something about rewire the DX dist harness to the ZC style connector and that should work?

Is this true and if so can someone tell me what wires need to go where?

Thanks

Erik

It is true that you can re-wire the crank sensor. . . I don't know how to do it, but someone on here has to know, All I can tell you is that it can be done.

on your zc the crank sensor is built into the distributor, my brother says that you can change the oil pump on the front of the engine and put on the reluctor and then add the crank sensor to the front of the ZC, but he has been known to be wrong before, also it seems like a heck of alot of work.
Hopefully someone can help you out.

Back