Question about GSR head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93Fury

Need a little help. I just bought a GSR from the local auction and took delivery this weekend. I had to pull the gsr head from the block, becuase the block had to be destroyed (police order). The car is a 97, but im sure, actually positive, this is not the orginal motor. How can I tell on the head if it is a OBD1 or II. As a note, the car did not have the comuter either, or I would look there first.
Thanks alot!

look in front of the head, where the exhaust manifold is. there is a stamping. P72, for gsr head. Then four stamped circles with a line across. the first circle should tell you the last two digits of the year made. 94-95 obd1, 96 up obd2.

you can look on the distributor for the obd. if the distributor has 2 plugs its obd1, if it has 1 plug its obd2.

and why did your block have to be destroyed?

Thanks a million guys.

and why did your block have to be destroyed?

According to police report:

The genius that owned the car before blew his motor. Being so smart, he decided to go steal a GSR and put the motor in his car. So there he was, sitting in front of his house, with 2 integras stripped to shit. The police wanted to know what was up with that, wouldnt you? Long story short, he had already taken the motor out of the stolen GSR and shaved the vins. He began to install it, but thats when he got busted. They took his car for GTA and Tampering with VIN's. I bought it for $500 from the yard, but the block has to have a hole drilled in it, since it is not VIN'd. Get to keep the head, tranny and chassis. Not too bad.

Cliffnotes:
Jerkoff Blows Motor
Jerkoff Steals GSR
Jerkoff Gets Busted Stripping GSR
I buy his car and motor legally, then drive by his house with a smile

Back