Question about h22 swap shifter?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hondatuner88

Hi guys..I found an H22 swap for my 94 hatch...But once found out its a cable shift i got my issues with them...I need to know..the guys with an h22 swap, Hows the shifting?? Smooth as glass? or really notchy and hard? Can someone please help me out?? Thanks for everything!

definitely not smooth. Ive never caught a gear in mine, but is nothing compared to a 99+ civic Si

It's not necessarily any worse than a B-series or D-series shifter...it's just a bit different. I've driven a friend of mine's H22 EK hatch, and I owned an 01 Prelude for a while...

I wouldn't use that as a reason to not swap an H22...

Because ive driven mr2's and jetta's quite alot when my car wasnt running and i HATE the feel of a cable shift tranny, its too hard and half the time you dont know what gear your in becuase it was soo hard to get into that gear to start with...I love the feel of the rod shift linkage in my civic..dont it feel like its binding up?? thanks

definitely no reason to avoid buying an H22. its as smooth as most cars ive driven. i just wish i had a hydro tranny. :cry:

I'm confused. the h22 from hmotorsonline.com says it has hydraulic tranny...

Back