Question about installing new intake

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Woodster

I just recieved my new intake, although I have to wait to get my car inspected to install it, it came with 2 clamps, one for the filter to the pipe and for the intake manifold to the pipe, also it came with a rubber deal to put over the intake manifold to seal it up better. It came with a few mounting things, no screws, no instructions, also came with 1 blue hose that I think I know where it goes. There are three holes on the pipe, one probably for the sensor, and 2 others. Will I need to buy some screws or something for mounting it, also, do I need to go down and find some more blue hose? Im takin a look at where everything is going to hook up and I think I understand, sure hope I do anyway. I have a 1999 Civic EX Coupe by the way, just got it. Is there a diy somewhere on how to install? If not could somebody give me some advice, i understand everything about removing the old intake system, and putting the pipe on, its just that Im not sure where the hoses are going to be going. Thanks alot everybody.

Actually, I think I know what I could do, couldnt I just disconnect the hoses from the stock intake, and then hook them up to the new without buying new hoses? Also it didnt come with little clamps from the pipe to like the engine or wherever they go so I should probably use the old ones right? This thought just dawned on me.

P.S.- I was taking a look at the mounting hardware that it came with. It came with one piece that is like a L and the other is just like a straight piece of metal with 2 places for screws on each end. Im assuming when I remove the stock stuff I should see where these are going to mount? Or do I really need mounting hardware? I figure its only a sri and its not heavy, but could the manifold hold it up? Or is it a better Idea to mount it right? Also, on the pipe, there is no spot for me to screw anything in or anything like that.

Thats ok, take your time typing I got time to wait anyway. Also, I just found some heavy duty metal like supporters that I bet would work if I could find where to mount them! Im not sure what to do since the intake didnt come with any type of a hole for mounting the brackets.

well if you bought the correct intake for your car then it should be really easy, just remove your current stock airbox, and literally replace it with the new unit, there should be a total of 4 clamps, two clamps go on each hose fitting.

The hose that connects to your intake is so that your crank can breath out the gases built in the motor, crankcase breather....

good luck,

Hey cuz. What you have there is some aluminum strap. With this you will have to fab your mount. Use the L shaped piece slid under the hose clamp on the filter for your attach point on the intake. These are cheap aftermarket parts, don't expect much in hardware. Have fun!!!

hahaha! Hey man! I was hopin I would see you around here. Its so tempting to remove the stock intake, put this on, and the take it off and put the stock back on when I get it inspected but I can wait I guess, Thanks for the help, Ill go take a look at it in a little bit.

Aren't most intakes 50 state legal? Just wondering while you are taking it off. Since you are supplying more air, it will make the emissions better.

Originally posted by uconn1150@Sep 9 2003, 06:08 AM
Aren't most intakes 50 state legal? Just wondering while you are taking it off. Since you are supplying more air, it will make the emissions better.

no, they're not.

there are only a few out there that are legal.

w00t! Got my K&N Filter today! ITs already pre oiled and everything so once I get the dang thing inspected, then new intake is goin on!

Just got some information from a friend that i dont have to have anything but the vin inspected or something like that. SO im installing the intake this weekend@!

Back