Question about Oil Filter Relocation Kit install...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im sure its fine. my motor doesnt run hot regardless.

anyway to get the summit adapter onto the universal adapter more? maybe put a washer or two behind the universal adapter?

When it puked, either time, did you notice if A was in the same position as when you put it on? If not, then Id say teflon tape both sides of B really good and slap it togather. Should solve the problem.

As for the heat, I run a dual filter remote mount on a big block Ford, and the mount gets hot enough that you cant touch it, but the filters themselves stay cold enough that you can grab em and hold on to em with the engine is at temp.

im sure its fine. my motor doesnt run hot regardless.

anyway to get the summit adapter onto the universal adapter more? maybe put a washer or two behind the universal adapter?
Not exactly sure what you mean...

When it puked, either time, did you notice if A was in the same position as when you put it on? If not, then Id say teflon tape both sides of B really good and slap it togather. Should solve the problem.
Come to think of it, A was always in the same position or at least close, because when I went to take it off, the screws for the hose clamps still were facing the way I put them on.

As far as Teflon-ing B, do you just mean the threads on either side, or the outside and inside?

Well if A isnt unscrewing from the block, then Im not sure that teflon taping B will help. My reasoning for this is, if B didnt seal against either A or C and it leaked, the O-ring in A would still be sealed against C, and stop oil from draining out of the block. Does that make sence?

As for what I meant about teflon taping B, just wrap the tape around the external threads on both ends of B. These should be the parts that thread into A and C.

On my kit I used no teflon tape on my equivelent to B, and didnt have a problem. If you do try it tho, be mindful not to block any of the passage off. That could obstruct oil flow.

Yea, IDK what could be wrong. I know there is always a chance I did something wrong too, but I just don't see where I could have messed up. Instruction were very straight forward. Assemble, install like an oil filter, fill, drive.

I'm about to send an e-mail to Summit. It's been almost a week since their kit shit the bed and the car is fine. Definitely their product's fault.

Ya, see if they wont refund or exchange it as a defective part. If they give you another one and the same thing happens, then you know its not the parts.

If they give you a refund or "store credit" and you still want a relocation kit, I recomend a Perma Cool kit. Great product in both function and form.

Ya, see if they wont refund or exchange it as a defective part. If they give you another one and the same thing happens, then you know its not the parts.

If they give you a refund or "store credit" and you still want a relocation kit, I recomend a Perma Cool kit. Great product in both function and form.
Perma Cool kit looks identical to the Summit kit. Summit probably just when generic on their ass. Even uses the same type of filter.

I just think this is fucking bullshit. You'll replace your part if it's defective but you won't do anything about the costs from it being defective? That's like a doctor prescribing you a different medicine after you react violently to the first one.

Well, at least theyre willing to take the part back.

I just think this is fucking bullshit. You'll replace your part if it's defective but you won't do anything about the costs from it being defective? That's like a doctor prescribing you a different medicine after you react violently to the first one.

Ya thats true.

One thing to think of tho. They sell theirs for less, which means they had to cut cost somewhere.

Hmm. Well are you gunna wait to hear from the person that inpects it, or are you just gunna go with another one, or wut?

Back