Question about power windows swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mmk21

I have a 97 hatch i want to put power windows in. I have the doors off a 2000 si. Is there anything else i need to do?

man, Honda couldn't get EK glass to stay on it's track... you think you can ?

Quoted post[/post]]
Run an aftermarket SPAL kit. Cheap, easy to install, and lasts forever.

KNow its a little late, but if you need help, hit me up. I swapped full power everything off of a 00 civic ex. Trust me its ALOT easier if you get the 96-98 style parts. Everything needs to be the same year. I just used the 00 stuff becasue I got it free. If you do use the 00 parts expect to swap about 3 plugs from your old harness to the new 00 floor harness. This is not a day job, working a few HRS every day it took probably about 15-20 hrs total. Thats removing the complete interior of the car (needed) and swapping the harness and plugs.

so are you saying that i should use the same year door as the parts? the reason i am asking is because i have a 99 with power windows and locks but my passenger door got hit. so i got a new door but it is manual window and lock. how hard is it to add my power stuff to that door?

Quoted post[/post]]
man, Honda couldn't get EK glass to stay on it's track... you think you can ?

I can :mrgreen:

Its a pain, if you want to keep the 00 stuff its more of a headache than its worth...trust me. Its easier to just swap the internals unless you are going to get it all repainted. Then you need to decide if you want to swap the floor harness or run your own wiring. I dont care what anyone else says, that 00 floor harness WILL NOT DIRECT connect to half of the plugs in your hatch. I used the internals from a 00ex civic, and that civic floor harness. Its 10000x's easier if you get the parts from a 96-98 civic. I had to swap about 4 plugs i think and it took a long time to figure what wires went where. I thought i had it all donw except then my tail lights didnt work, and my reverse lights went on at the wrong time. After switching a few more wires i finally got it.

Back