Question about selling a car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

finder's fee huh?

hrm.... i have to think about this :)

ive got another related question, i bought a 95 gsr on sunday for 6,500 and i went to the dmv on monday to register and all that bs, for the purchase price i cheated uncle sam and wrote just 500 down anyone ever gotten busted for this? my dad said they called him once on it to double check on the selling price.

Originally posted by djyox@Sep 16 2003, 07:57 PM
dohcvtec_accord has the second sweetest Avatar!!!

And the best Member title.

Cabin Fever : :thumbsup:

Originally posted by djyox@Sep 17 2003, 12:57 AM

I'm just wondering :wtf: is up with the pissed off cat avatars?

on a side note...I wonder why B doesn't have a pissed off cat avatar... :lol:

Edit: page two :owned:

Originally posted by xyswany@Sep 16 2003, 07:50 PM
ive got another related question, i bought a 95 gsr on sunday for 6,500 and i went to the dmv on monday to register and all that bs, for the purchase price i cheated uncle sam and wrote just 500 down anyone ever gotten busted for this? my dad said they called him once on it to double check on the selling price.

The DMV thinks it's a little suspicious if you buy a car like that for $500... and a red flag DOES go up if you bought it from someone who's registered as a dealer, and they're on file as paying more for it than you paid them. Next time if you're going to lie on a price, at least make it believable.

I heard this one guy said his car was only $100 and the blue booked it...But I can't see how they do that...But I have never been busted for that, I don't think I've ever pay honest taxes...I lie on how much I get payed in a year, and I also cheat out on them when register anything. BWAAAAHAHA, Uncle sam can suck my dick!

Originally posted by djyox+Sep 17 2003, 03:16 AM-->
Originally posted by sleepergtx@Sep 16 2003, 08:12 PM
djyox
@Sep 17 2003, 12:57 AM

I'm just wondering :wtf: is up with the pissed off cat avatars?

on a side note...I wonder why B doesn't have a pissed off cat avatar... :lol:

Edit: page two :owned:

if you look at them, do you even have to ask?

They're funny...but yeah I gotta ask. :D

Originally posted by xyswany@Sep 16 2003, 04:50 PM

yea the DMV really can't do anything, but you better hope you dont total the car because the selling price is public record and insurance companies are catching on... (so you might get $400 for it if totalled)

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Sep 16 2003, 02:54 PM
Hey everyone,

I finally offloaded my wrecked Accord to a guy in Oregon (that B was kind enough to hook me up with) that's thinking of restoring it to working condition. :) :) :)

Offloaded? that sounds bad ;) since I'm the guy that bought it. :lol:

Seriously, I'm getting excited to get that badboy in my garage to start restoring it back to health. My wife didn't need to park her van in the garage in winter anyway :lol:

Bruce

Alright, I guess "offloaded" was a bad word. It's not a heap or anything. lsvtec can attest to that. He gave as much blood as I did on that car. :)

NICE! :thumbsup: x2. I was wondering what you were gonna do with the airbags thing...I see you just got an aftermarket steering wheel, but what about the passenger side? what'd you do there?

hey hondapitstop, that accord you have kicks ass, i can attest to that myself. Beautiful VTEC changeover. You got a car from a responsible enthusiast. Good job.

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Nov 6 2003, 07:52 PM
NICE! :thumbsup: x2. I was wondering what you were gonna do with the airbags thing...I see you just got an aftermarket steering wheel, but what about the passenger side? what'd you do there?

I actually ordered a $65.00 airbag cover from http://www.hicksairbagcovers.com They sell them on their site for $75 but I won one on ebay for about $65 already painted to a close color of my dash but I should have gone with the charcoal color as it's a tad lighter. I just siliconed it in to make it stick. It fit pretty well and looks like a stock airbag. One day I hope to have a angled gauge pod in instead of the airbag cover ;o)
Bruce

Back