Question About Tanabe Exhaust?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jessevtec

Do any of you guys have the racing medallion on a crx with a b16 or any other car with a dohc vtec? i just bought mine for my crx but i havent installed it yet my rex is in the shop. I was wondering if you could here the vtec changover loud with this exhaust system? i want my shit to sound bad-ass do you think this is the right exhaust system to be noticed by everyone?

Well, you will definitely get noticed...by the cops, the Tanabae Racing Medalion is way too fucking loud. It comes with a silencer, but put that in and it runs like your oem exhaust. I've had a GReddy EVO, and I prefer that, even with the 4.5 inch tip.

if you have a muffler that is too loud(in your case) just run wider pipes back to it.(if you have 2" go to 2.5") or something like that. that will quiet your sound without being detramental to your performance.

I had an 01 GSR with the racing medallion.....loved it.

but it was a b18 so I got a really deep tone.

Buddy had one on his 96 gsr and sounded really good. It wasn't too loud though. At normal street driving speeds(45-60mph) , it was barely noticeable. However when he got into it, it was LOUD!

I do and have the medalion on my crx and had same exhaust with my other crx with b16 and it is very noticable when vtec kits in.... but its not way to loud.... its just right!

Originally posted by jessevtec@May 27 2003, 08:11 PM
cool i want my exhaust to sound loud and tuned.

:fr:

Y? So you can get noticed by the cops, other ricers, piss off the naighborhood (sp big time), give a bad name to imports, have a loud ass drone on the highway that makes you fall asleep? Loud blows.

i want my shit to sound tuned thats it i dont want that bees ina can sound. i could care less about the cops

Back