Question about tapping oil pan for drain line

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95EGCoupeVtec

SOHC VTEC at its best
what is better to do: get a kit that u drill a hole then bolt the flange over the hole OR get a weld in bung and call it a day? i wanna make sure its safe. i'm plannin on buyin a new oem pan b/c the one i have looks smashed on the bottom and also buy a new gasket. i gonna tap that pan and then put it on with a plug till i get the last few parts for my turbo setup.

Also, what's a good place to order either type of drain bung?

Last edited:
Get the Moroso baffled oil pan and larger oil pickup. It's 150 for the new pan, and 50 for the pickup. Then around hard corners you wont be starving your oil pump. And the Moroso baffled pan is pre tapped in the front and back and sealed with set screws. Just remove one and attach your drain line.

the moroso pan is nice, but is not 100% necessary.

honestly, hit up the classifieds and stuff. There's always tapped pans rolling around

yeah i read a review on the moroso pan and the guy said he had to woller out the holes that the pan bolts up with b/c they weren't a perfect fit 0.o, so i'm gonna get a drain line kit from Fast-Turbo.com . comes with everything to go from the bottom of the turbo drain flange to the oil pan. seems pretty nice. the moroso pan is $200 which i would rather spend that on injectors and a fuel pump so i can get this beast finished lol. my stock pan only has a dent in one spot so when i take it off i'm gonna just flatten that spot out and be done with it.

just bolt it on use lock washers and lock tight, put it up high enough, i drove my d15b like that from south florida to IL and back no problems. but later on i did weld it and put it stright up. its just a drain.

Back